Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Plugins RSS
headerfooter plugin
How to show the same header on all pages?
demille #1
Member since Apr 2018 · 9 posts · Location: Belgium Aarschot
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: headerfooter plugin
I am a Dokuwiki user but not a programmer. When I reed the documentation of the headerfooter plugin I have no clue how I can activate this. Must I go to the program files and enter the text there in a file? As I have a lot of users I can not risk to mess up my wiki.
I want  a  text, highlighted using the wrap plugin and including a link to an other page, to show as a header above the article on all pages.
I think I can use the headerfooter plugin for this but how?
help!
schplurtz (Moderator) #2
Member since Nov 2009 · 299 posts · Location: France, Finistère
Group memberships: Global Moderators, Members
Must I go to the program files and enter the text there in a file?  As I have a lot of users I can not risk to mess up my wiki.
kind of. but it's easy. Don't modify anything, just drop your _header.txt file in a folder and everything will be ok. If you put the file in the wrong folder, nothing will happen, neither good nor bad. It is always a good thing to have backups and to know how to restore; just in case.

First prepare your _header.txt text file, using a simple notepad program (not a word processor)
put your wiki text in that file.

Then, use a filemanager/ftp-program/whatever and open the folder where DokuWiki is installed.
From there, enter the data folder, then enter the pages folder.
In this folder, copy your _header.txt file.

Now, open your wiki in your browser. You should see your header. If not, purge doku's cache : the simplest is you go to admin, configuration settings and you save your settings without changing anything.
http://schplurtz.free.fr/wiki/
Juergen_aus_Zuendorf #3
Member since Apr 2012 · 186 posts
Group memberships: Members
You have to purge the browser's cache, too. Use the command "...&purge=true" as appendix to the URL of your wiki page.

One more thing you should keep in mind: When defining a header sheet, note that section editing can be damaged if you use special syntax elements.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2018-11-16, 21:19:12 (UTC +01:00)