Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration RSS
[SOLVED] Migrated to new instance, copied attic dir - revision history not available
snuffy #1
Member since Jan 2018 · 10 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: [SOLVED] Migrated to new instance, copied attic dir - revision history not available
Hi, I moved my dokuwiki to a fresh install, Greebo to Greebo on Windows. I copied across the following dirs from the 'data' dir:

- attic
- pages
- media
- media_attic

I can see the pages just fine, but there is no previous revision history of page changes. The revisions page shows one entry:

2018-06-07 09:13  clients:newclient:start (external edit) (current)

I then copied across cache, media_meta, meta, but the same, no revision history.

Am I missing something? I thought from reading other posts that the history is stored in the attic dir, and copying that should restore the history? Does it rely on file timestamps or something? File ownership seems to be the same between the two.
This post was edited 2 times, last on 2018-11-21, 18:31 by snuffy.
LMS23 #2
Member since Feb 2014 · 169 posts · Location: Bayern, Deutschland
Followed https://www.dokuwiki.org/faq:servermove ?
And why not the whole "data" directory?

attic store the old versions
meta store the informations about the history

see https://www.dokuwiki.org/attic
snuffy #3
Member since Jan 2018 · 10 posts
Thanks @LMS23, the hint about the 'meta' folder was what I needed.

Used the following robocopy command with /E for recursive, and /copyall to copy timestamps and permissions.

Robocopy C:\wamp64\www\dokuwikiold\data\pages C:\wamp64\www\NewAllCombined\data\pages /E /copyall
Robocopy C:\wamp64\www\dokuwikiold\data\attic C:\wamp64\www\NewAllCombined\data\attic /E /copyall
Robocopy C:\wamp64\www\dokuwikiold\data\meta C:\wamp64\www\NewAllCombined\data\meta /E /copyall
Robocopy C:\wamp64\www\dokuwikiold\data\media C:\wamp64\www\NewAllCombined\data\media /E /copyall
Robocopy C:\wamp64\www\dokuwikiold\data\media_attic C:\wamp64\www\NewAllCombined\data\media_attic /E /copyall
Robocopy C:\wamp64\www\dokuwikiold\data\media_meta  C:\wamp64\www\NewAllCombined\data\media_meta /E /copyall

I now have the previous history for pages and for media.

Thanks.
This post was edited on 2018-11-24, 09:14 by snuffy.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-06-25, 16:04:13 (UTC +02:00)