Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality RSS
How to move single pages and it's pictures to another namespace?
og #1
Member since May 2006 · 426 posts · Location: Bayern
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: How to move single pages and it's pictures to another namespace?
Hi, i'm using movepage plugin to move pages and namespaces. But what it seems to lack is, that it cannot move a page AND its pictures, just whole namespaces, oder single pages.

Now, i do have access to the filesystem, so i could do this move by hand. But it may mess up the indexes which needs to be recreated somehow. Also it may break other links to the images on other pages. And for all, i need to know which files to move, what is a bit fiddly.

Any way to do what i want in an comfortable manner?
Oli...
cziehr #2
Member since Jan 2011 · 466 posts · Location: 10119 Berlin
Hi,

I suggest to use the move-plugin

Within the move manager, you‘re able to drag and drop pages and media files.
og #3
Member since May 2006 · 426 posts · Location: Bayern
Oh thanks, but i'm already talking about the move plugin (called it pagemove plugin in my post, which was misleading, sorry!).

Have you ever used the drag&drop? It does not work for mediafiles if the target namespace do not contain at least one file.

But, what i'm missing is different. I don't want to fiddle out all the images used on a single page and move them by hand. So what i am looking for is to move the page, and all imagedata used on this page from the same namespace, to another namespace.
Oli...
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2018-12-16, 07:57:49 (UTC +01:00)