Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration RSS
selinux ACLs for write access, and php's is_writeable() function -- can't work?
install.php fails due to access error in /data/ directory, but apache/php has access via ACL
Page:  previous  1  2 
turnermm (Moderator) #16
Member since Oct 2009 · 4607 posts · Location: Canada
Group memberships: Global Moderators, Members, Super Mods
Show profile · Link to this post
In reply to post ID 64667
think that yum (other than for PHP) is a red herring, you just need to install Frusterick Manners using DW's installer.

I see that you are right.  Centos yum seems to have dropped dokuwiki after Centos 6.9.  Truthfully just as well.  I checked a small virtual machine using centos 6 and see that the file structure it creates is at least as twisted as the debian version.
Myron Turner
github: https://github.com/turnermm
plugins, templates: http://www.mturner.org/devel
MartinR #17
Member since Jul 2015 · 134 posts · Location: UK
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
I have approached one of the CentOS "Gurus" for a statement over this he replied:
Outside the official repos would be fine if it's from a recognised repo that gets timely security updates. For example, IUS and/or SCL should be fine to use as both support their packages - IUS until php.net drop it, SCL for 3 years from the initial release of a particular version.

IUS currently has php72u packages at 7.2.14 which is the current version from php.net
SCL has rh-php72 packages at 7.2.10 but they backport security patches if required so the version number may not accurately reflect its status.

No-one offers php 7.3 yet.

Somewhere like webtatic might also be ok though it has a bad reputation from the past so a lot of people don't recommend it (me included).

Updating php by doing a source install: bad idea.
Updating php by building your own packages: also a bad idea.

Both of those options would mean subscribing to the php security mailing list so that you know when a new version is out so that you can download and re-rebuild it. Not something that most people want to do.

The last two paragraphs are the real problem in this case.  Within the yum ecosystem just doing # yum update keeps you security and bug patched which is the critical thing for servers.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Page:  previous  1  2 
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-04-26, 00:12:18 (UTC +02:00)