Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality RSS
Place multiple images at once
og #1
Member since May 2006 · 435 posts · Location: Bayern
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Place multiple images at once
I'm thinking about a way to make the mediamanager more usefull. Especially to place images out of it.
I have namespaces where many images resides (some about 100 and more) and it is no easy to find them ("scroll of death"). Even worse, if i need multiple images i had to go all the way again after placing one on the page. If i upload multiple images (which works so for) they are placed on top of the list, which is really usefull. But after placing the first of it, the list closes and i had to locate them in the whole bunch.

So firts of all i would suggest to change the way the media button works in the editor. My opinion is, that it would be better to have some sort of drag&drop from the imagelist. This could be added, so the basic functionality to click an image to place it, could remain.

Also there should be a way to select multiple images to be placed at once. Maybe a simple checkbox would do. This way, there could be a "check all" button on top, to place all images at once (very handy when making turorials). Or to use shift/alt key to select by clicking and drag&drop them all.

Maybe there should be an option to open an extra window for the media files or to have it like an strip at the left/right of the page.

What do you think? :-)
Oli...
andi (Administrator) #2
User title: splitbrain
Member since May 2006 · 3400 posts · Location: Berlin Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Quote by og on 2018-12-18, 11:37:
But after placing the first of it, the list closes and i had to locate them in the whole bunch.

Use the "keep window open" option!?

Quote by og on 2018-12-18, 11:37:
Maybe there should be an option to open an extra window for the media files or to have it like an strip at the left/right of the page.

What? The insert media dialog already *is* an extra window!?
Read this if you don't get any useful answers.
Lies dies wenn du keine hilfreichen Antworten bekommst.
og #3
Member since May 2006 · 435 posts · Location: Bayern
Quote by andi:
Use the "keep window open" option!?

Uh, i must be blind! Sorry andi, i really never seen this option... but you're right.

Quote by andi:
What? The insert media dialog already *is* an extra window!?

You got me wrong. What i meant was that it would be helpfull to have this OPTIONAL as an extra window or have it in an column next to the editor (not an extra tab). I'm looking for a way to add something like an imagebrowser like you know it from the simpleindex with namespaces and pages. An i would add a button "<" or ">" to switch this column on/off. Only in Editor-mode, of course.
Oli...
Michaelsy #4
Member since Jun 2015 · 745 posts · Location: Düsseldorf, Germany
@og You know the Dropfiles Plugin? https://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:dropfiles

Edit: Sorry, the plugin is probably not to use for your purposes. I had expected that it will also insert the appropriate image wiki code in the edit window, but it does not. Only the upload is executed.
By Patreon.com a few eurons can be fed into the code phasers of
the DokuWiki engine. Besides, Andi's posts are worth reading.
This post was edited on 2018-12-20, 14:06 by Michaelsy.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-03-21, 23:25:56 (UTC +01:00)