Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Server Setup RSS
microapache further under development?
cziehr #1
Member since Jan 2011 · 532 posts · Location: 10119 Berlin
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: microapache further under development?
Hello everyone,

does anybody has further information about the microapache-project?
I like the small size and that it is not bloated with unused software, like xampp is if you only want to use DokuWiki on the server.

But it seems that microapache is not further developed, the version number at download.dokuwiki.org is still at PHP 5.6.30, and the information at sourceforge is that the last upgrade was on 2015-04-21.

I want to use microapache on various clients, but I think it makes no sense if it is not further under development.

Greetings,
Christoph
andi (Administrator) #2
User title: splitbrain
Member since May 2006 · 3400 posts · Location: Berlin Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
The version we ship with DokuWiki is not based on the old SourceForge project (except for their ApacheKill.exe). We use apachefriends' server and the official windows PHP binaries, strip it all down and compress it. Build script for all that is here: https://github.com/splitbrain/dokuwiki-stickbuilder

We still ship PHP5.6 because people often use the stick version to evaluate DokuWiki and because many plugins had problems with PHP7, 5.6 was a safer bet.

Some day I need to build a new release using probably 7.2 and maybe switch to 64bit. PRs welcome
Read this if you don't get any useful answers.
Lies dies wenn du keine hilfreichen Antworten bekommst.
Michaelsy #3
Member since Jun 2015 · 745 posts · Location: Düsseldorf, Germany
Some day I need to build a new release using probably 7.2 and maybe switch to 64bit.
Sounds good!

It would be nice if then the old version would still be downloadable. Because it's an easy way to perform tests on the older version of PHP, for whatever reason.
By Patreon.com a few eurons can be fed into the code phasers of
the DokuWiki engine. Besides, Andi's posts are worth reading.
cziehr #4
Member since Jan 2011 · 532 posts · Location: 10119 Berlin
Thank you for your reply, andi!

So there is no reason to fear that DokuWiki on microapache is no possible way in the future. Thanks!
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-03-21, 23:15:19 (UTC +01:00)