Forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration RSS
Update from very old version 2012-Angua
Sammy #1
Member since Sep 2012 · 5 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Update from very old version 2012-Angua
Hi!

I just found out, that my Wiki stopped working.
As I hoped, changing php to 5.6 helped.

As this should not be the final solution, I have now two things to do:
Update to an actual version and switching back to php 7.0 or 7.1.

VERSION-File tells me that I use >>2012-01-25 "Angua"<< which is way old. I wonder now, if I really should do the normal 'manual' update procedure or if the is a chance to do a clean install und than copy the userdata back to the server.
I really don't know, which plugins I installed that day. I remember one for a tree-menu....

I would feel better with a clean install, is this possible? Will it work after copy my files (which folder do I have to copy)?

Thanks a lot.
schplurtz (Moderator) #2
Member since Nov 2009 · 383 posts · Location: France, Finistère
Group memberships: Global Moderators, Members
Hi !

I would feel better with a clean install, is this possible? Will it work after copy my files (which folder do I have to copy)?
Yes, this will work.
Just install a new DokuWiki, configure, install your plugins. you probably want the indexmenu plugin for the tree-menu.

Once you have a working Wiki, replace your data directory with your data directory from Angua :
  • when copying the files, be sure to use a tool that preserves the file modification timestamps (under linux, for example, the tar cmd is ok. for other systems I don't know). If file modification times are not preserved, then DW will think the files have been edited externally and wil create a new revision. Also last change will list all the pages...
  • rename security.png to dont-panic-if-you-see-this-in-your-logs-it-means-your-directory-permissions-are-correct.png
  • rename security.xcf to dont-panic-if-you-see-this-in-your-logs-it-means-your-directory-permissions-are-correct.xcf
  • Make sure file ownership and permissions (and any other security mecanism on your new system) are correct for your server
  • remove the directories named a b c d e f 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 in the cache subdirectory

Then browse your wiki and visually inspect all your pages.
Sammy #3
I'll try this these days.
Thanks a lot!
LMS23 #4
Member since Feb 2014 · 170 posts · Location: Bayern, Deutschland
After Upgrade, check https://www.dokuwiki.org/install:unused_files
Und upgrade all your plugins before upgrade!
schplurtz (Moderator) #5
Member since Nov 2009 · 383 posts · Location: France, Finistère
Group memberships: Global Moderators, Members
no need. OP is going to perform a fresh install.

But that's a good reminder.
LMS23 #6
Member since Feb 2014 · 170 posts · Location: Bayern, Deutschland
He can upgrade or just make a new installation, after the cleanup of the unused files it should be the same ;)
Sammy #7
That worked great, thank you all.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-03-21, 23:32:20 (UTC +01:00)