Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: Community User Introductions RSS
Greetings from Switzerland and HELP!
My DokuWiki is falling apart
roly128 #1
Member since Dec 2018 · 2 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Greetings from Switzerland and HELP!
Hi,

My name is Roland and live in a small town in front of the Alps in Switzerland. I'm 39 years old and work as an electronics engineer. I enjoy working on electronics projects as a hobby as well since i usually don't get to the nitty gritty bits at work. Lately I'm working on vintage radios. I also enjoy cooking and working on my motorbikes.

I use DokuWiki to organize the documentation of my hobbies, e.g. manuals for my electronics lab, my favourite recipes or the progress on my XS650 rebuild.

I've choosen DokuWiki because I can carry it on a USB-Stick and because it is file based. I've only used it for some months now but have invested quite some time in putting everything together.

However, DokuWiki seems to have fallen appart lately: I'm using it on Windows and Linux (mint 18) and first Windows began complaining about corrupted *IDX files. This was annoying but I was still able to edit pages and it never complained when I worked on it from Linux. I wanted to fix the issue when I had time. Today I tried to add a new recipe (from Linux) and it ended in the "DokuWiki Setup Error"... I've tried to search the forum for answers but can't quite find a fitting explanation to what might have happend to my DokuWiki.

Can any one point me to the right subforum/thread were I could find a solution or write a request?

Best regards,
Roland
pop #2
Member since Nov 2016 · 169 posts
Hi Roland

Do I understand you correctly: you have the data for the wiki on an USB stick and you use this stick sometimes with a web server in your windows computer, at other times with a web server in your linux computer?
roly128 #3
Member since Dec 2018 · 2 posts
Hi pop,

Actually the webserver is as well on the USB-stick. I launch the server via script. One script si for launching from Windows, the other to launch from Linux. I puzzled that together from https://www.dokuwiki.org/install:dokuwiki_on_a_stick and https://www.dokuwiki.org/install:dokuwiki_on_a_stick_linux

Probably wasn't the smartest thing to do stability wise, but it was working for about 6 months. Any recommendation how to restore? This time I'll have it on a stationary machine at home.

Best regards,
Roland
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-08-18, 05:08:04 (UTC +02:00)