Forum: General Help and Support Development RSS
Download Zipped Dokuwiki Sites or Upload Yours
washere #1
Member since Jan 2019 · 2 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Download Zipped Dokuwiki Sites or Upload Yours
Hi all,

I have been testing and tweaking many Dokuwiki templates over the last months or so.

So I started looking to download complete Dokuwiki sites to test with various templates. But I found nothing online or here.

I think the best publicity and introduction for Dokuwiki would be if there are websites for Dokuwiki zipped as one file to download and play with:

• Templates
  • Plugins
  • Starter points for customized websites by users
etc.

I am not talking about links of examples of sites built using Dokuwiki. I am talking of complete Dokuwiki sites zipped into a single ready to download.

So if you like, please post in this thread on an ongoing basis:

1) Links to a zip (or rar etc) file which is a compressed Douwiki site that can be downloaded

2) Upload your website as a zipped file for others to download

So others can tinker and play with to test or learn or customize or teach others etc.

So spread the use of Dokuwiki, by the most effective way possible: Hands on tinkering with a full site.

You can upload the zipped website, if you wish and have made it yourself and have the rights to the data, to many free websites like:

zippyshare.com
mediafire.com
uploaded.to
etc.

Sample zip sites will be the best way to learn, teach and spread the use of Dokuwiki.

Thanks.
Michaelsy #2
Member since Jun 2015 · 969 posts · Location: Düsseldorf, Germany
Should someone follow user Washere and provide complete Dokuwikis, she or he should remember to delete the access data / passwords from the DokuWiki package.

Greetings - Michael Sy.

Edit:
Quote by washere:
Sample zip sites will be the best way to learn, teach and spread the use of Dokuwiki.

In a few cases it might be helpful to look behind the scenes of other DokuWikis. But in most cases, it would be like mining for gold.
My alternative: http://dw-livedemos.informantum.de
By Patreon.com a few eurons can be fed into the code phasers of
the DokuWiki engine. Besides, Andi's posts are worth reading.
This post was edited 4 times, last on 2019-01-12, 13:37 by Michaelsy.
washere #3
Member since Jan 2019 · 2 posts
In reply to post #1
Good point on id/password. Would be good before zipping and uploading to set:

User id:
demo

Password:

Then change them back after zipping to original.

+

on demo links vs. demo zips:

Quote by washere:
I am not talking about links of examples of sites built using Dokuwiki. I am talking of complete Dokuwiki sites zipped into a single ready to download.

Basically people can rename current folder to \xdokuwiki or similar and just try out the demo folder as \dokuwiki.

If they have setup virtual host folders under that name, it will still work as http://localhost/dokuwiki/

And renaming back folders, so at any time can rename new one \demodokuwiki or similar.

Nothing advanced needed really. Also if we want to teach Dokuwiki to others with these demo sites zips, will make it very easy for us.

Also as I said before:

• Make sure you have the rights to the content (data within demo site, no copyrighted material)
+
  • Any private info removed
+
  • If possible cite the author of the template or origin of modded template

Thanks again.
This post was edited 2 times, last on 2019-01-12, 12:26 by washere.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-10-14, 20:18:55 (UTC +02:00)