Forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration RSS
[Solved] Reset Password Dokuwiki Users
Probelm With DokuWiki Users
DavMRO00 #1
Member since Jan 2019 · 18 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: [Solved] Reset Password Dokuwiki Users
Hello, i got 2 Wikiadmins but still can't modify certain options... i can't remember the pass of the wiki founder.
Can someone tell me the algorytm to decrypt the password inside users.auth.php ?

Irc chat is active?
Thanks a Lot

DavMRO00 EInfo
The author has attached one file to this post:
error_permissions.png 11 kBytes
You have no permission to open this file.
This post was edited 2 times, last on 2019-01-28, 11:08 by DavMRO00.
schplurtz (Moderator) #2
Member since Nov 2009 · 463 posts · Location: France, Finistère
Group memberships: Global Moderators, Members
HI,
You can't decode the password, except with brute force tools. DW uses a one way hashing function, not a two way encryption function. That said, you can reset a password. See for example andi's post in thread 2778, or as dominik states in the same thread https://www.dokuwiki.org/faq:forgotten_password .

Please also note that the "problem" might not be what you think it is. Options set in conf/local.protected.php cannot be changed via the admin panel, even by an admin. You should check that file first before resetting password. Manual edit of the file is required. This is a security feature.
This post was edited on 2019-01-28, 11:07 by schplurtz.
Edit reason: typo
DavMRO00 #3
Member since Jan 2019 · 18 posts
Group memberships: Members
Some place for chatting? cause i'm developing a wiki for a customer and i need a lot of help .... i got a lot of questions...
schplurtz (Moderator) #4
Member since Nov 2009 · 463 posts · Location: France, Finistère
Group memberships: Global Moderators, Members
Chat ?
Well, never been there really. But check the logs by yourself. Every day, there are people connecting, and some days, there are discussions...

The forum is of course not realtime, but very active. Your questions are welcome.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-08-24, 02:28:31 (UTC +02:00)