Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Plugins RSS
Combining oAuth and Captcha Plugins
Is it possible for users can only login via Facebook if they answer question captcha correctly?
deuts #1
User title: deuts
Member since Mar 2019 · 6 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Combining oAuth and Captcha Plugins
First of all, thank you to Andreas Gohr for his contributions to the Dokuwiki community. He's the author of both plugin:oauth and plugin:captcha plugins.

I'm using the captcha plugin, specifically the question method in order to limit and streamline user logins and specifically registration. I can give the answer to the question to my prospective users in the Facebook group. The plugin works okay when using plainauth.

However, in order to make the login process more seamless, so they don't need to remember another login details, I would like my users to be able to login with their Facebook accounts via the oAuth plugin.

Is there a way for Facebook authentication to only proceed if the user gets to enter the correct answer to the question in the captcha plugin?
andi (Administrator) #2
User title: splitbrain
Member since May 2006 · 3448 posts · Location: Berlin Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Quote by deuts on 2019-03-05, 08:38:
First of all, thank you to Andreas Gohr for his contributions to the Dokuwiki community. He's the author of both plugin:oauth and plugin:captcha plugins.

*giggle* minor contributions

Quote by deuts on 2019-03-05, 08:38:
Is there a way for Facebook authentication to only proceed if the user gets to enter the correct answer to the question in the captcha plugin?

There's currently no integration between those two plugins. It would certainly be possible, but I guess you would want this for registration only, but not for logins? Anyway would be worth opening a feature request issue at the oauth plugin's repository.
Read this if you don't get any useful answers.
Lies dies wenn du keine hilfreichen Antworten bekommst.
deuts #3
User title: deuts
Member since Mar 2019 · 6 posts
Group memberships: Members
*giggle* minor contributions

Sorry, when I posted that topic, I didn't yet realize you created Dokuwiki. I should have said thank you for everything. :D
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-07-17, 12:49:57 (UTC +02:00)