Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support General Stuff RSS
SearchIndexManager freezes
Wernazuma #1
Member since Feb 2016 · 4 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: SearchIndexManager freezes
Probably it is simply an overkill and I broke the whole thing by sheer size and I should use something else to visualize my data, but my dokuwiki pages serve as URIs, so I don't want to change the infrastructure.

My Dokuwiki has some 15000 pages. Since data does not recognize the programmatically created files without prior indexing, I used SearchIndex Manager. It took a while, but worked so far.
Now, there is a bunch of related data-plugin entries extracted from a database for each of the 15000 pages. So I have some 139,000 pages in total! I had to allow php more time before timeout to make SearchIndex Manager run at all, but it freezes at some point. Today, it froze at 49,254, after some 15 hours. And it is not a screensaver, I kept my computer at full energy to avoid that.

Any ideas how to tackle this?
cziehr #2
Member since Jan 2011 · 622 posts · Location: 10119 Berlin
If you have shell access on your server, you can try to use the indexer-script, which is in the bin-directory of your wiki: https://www.dokuwiki.org/cli#indexerphp
Wernazuma #3
Member since Feb 2016 · 4 posts
It is a Windows Server so I'm not sure how to execute the indexer under Windows. I tried to execute it in the cmd, but I got this error: <html>
<head><title>DokuWiki Setup Error</title></head>
<body style="font-family: Arial, sans-serif">
    <div style="width:60%; margin: auto; background-color: #fcc;
                border: 1px solid #faa; padding: 0.5em 1em;">
        <h1 style="font-size: 120%">DokuWiki Setup Error</h1>
        <p>The datadir ('pages') at ./data/pages is not found, isn't accessible or writable.
                You should check your config and permission settings.
                Or maybe you want to <a href="install.php">run the
                installer</a>?</p>
    </div>
</body>
</html>
cziehr #4
Member since Jan 2011 · 622 posts · Location: 10119 Berlin
You have to type something like the following to your command line:

C:\php\php.exe C:\apache\htdocs\dokuwiki\bin\indexer.php

Of course it depends where your files are stored. The first part defines where php.exe is, the second is the argument (= the file which should be executed) which is given to php.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-10-19, 01:49:44 (UTC +02:00)