Forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality RSS
List pages by creator
stoffl_AT_ooe #1
Member since Mar 2019 · 2 posts · Location: Upper Austria
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: List pages by creator
Hi!

I'm new here. I'm from Austria and our company uses DokuWiki since a few month. I would be glad, if someone could tell me, how I can search for article by creator. I would like to randomly check and update the pages of certain employees if the content is out of date.

Is this possible with standard installation or do I need a special plugin?

Thanks for your answers and your help!

Regards,
Stoffl
MartinR #2
Member since Jul 2015 · 143 posts · Location: UK
For a few pages, particularly if you know which ones, use the "Old Revisions" tab which shows you the detail.  For an automated search you will need to look at corresponding pages in meta.  For example:
$ grep -o -r jmr meta | grep '.changes:' | sort -u
will return a list of all meta change files where the user "jmr" is listed.  You can then look at the individual files that might be of interest.  The format is:
1475012116    ::1    C    add_dvd    jmr    created   
1495902007    ::1    E    add_dvd    jmr    msn   
1495923828    ::1    E    add_dvd    jmr    Instructions
which shows the timestamp (column 1), DW's user ID (::1), Create or Edit, page name, user name and edit summary.
stoffl_AT_ooe #3
Member since Mar 2019 · 2 posts · Location: Upper Austria
Hello Martin! Thank you for your answer. Your approach requires that I have permissions directly on the server. I can not get that. I'm looking for a solution in the GUI. I am afraid a plugin is necessary, which shows me which user has created or changed which pages. I have not found any yet ;-)
MartinR #4
Member since Jul 2015 · 143 posts · Location: UK
OK, fair comment.  When I had a job I was the System Manager, now my system is just a home computer.  I tend to assume DBM = SM or at least operator.  Sorry.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-06-25, 22:11:30 (UTC +02:00)