Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support General Stuff RSS
Header information/Post data/Temporary file error message (long page)
300_bananas #1
Member since Mar 2019 · 6 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Header information/Post data/Temporary file error message (long page)
Hello DokuWiki users,

I have recently discovered DokuWiki and really like the program. However, I've noticed an issue that occurs that prevents me from updating a page with a lot of text via my web browser (I have to instead manually edit the text files for each page with a lot of text to edit them). For instance, the error would occur if I repeated the following (entire) block of text 15 times on a page with no spaces and tried tried to save what I had entered onto the page via my web browser:
HelloHelloHelloHelloHelloHelloHelloHelloHelloHelloHelloHelloHelloHelloHelloHelloHelloHello
HelloHelloHelloHelloHelloHelloHelloHelloHelloHelloHelloHelloHelloHelloHelloHelloHelloHello

then I get the errors:
Warning: Unknown: Unable to create temporary file, Check permissions in temporary files directory. in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: POST data can't be buffered; all data discarded in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent in ...\dokuwiki\inc\init.php on line 37

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent in ...\dokuwiki\inc\auth.php on line 388

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent in ...\dokuwiki\inc\actions.php on line 32

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent in ...\dokuwiki\lib\tpl\dokuwiki\main.php on line 11

Things tried:
- A fresh install (The 2018 version and latest development snapshot with no plug-ins) of DokuWiki

Any help with this would be much appreciated

Best wishes,
I hope that you have a nice remaining week
This post was edited 2 times, last on 2019-03-13, 10:07 by 300_bananas.
turnermm (Moderator) #2
Member since Oct 2009 · 4702 posts · Location: Canada
Group memberships: Global Moderators, Members, Super Mods
Check these settings in php.ini:
post_max_size
memory_limit
upload_max_filesize

Make sure they are big enough to handle your data.  Be sure these's enough room on your disk for the amount of data being posted.
Myron Turner
github: https://github.com/turnermm
plugins, templates: http://www.mturner.org/devel
300_bananas #3
Member since Mar 2019 · 6 posts
Group memberships: Members
Thanks for the help turnermm! That worked :)
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-09-23, 20:14:32 (UTC +02:00)