Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Syntax and Usage RSS
Creating a yalist and images breaking the numbering
rogerjames #1
Member since Mar 2019 · 15 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Creating a yalist and images breaking the numbering
I apologize in advance. I am still learning a lot of this dokuwiki stuff. I am looking for some help and advice with images breaking an order list. So, for the past week I been trying to figure out how to get this set up so when I have an order list and images in a document the images won’t break the order list sequence or start over the numbering sequence. I have even installed the yalist plugin to see if this would help and it does not seem to help.  When I have a document that has an ordering list created, as soon as it gets to the line with an image, it ends up breaking the sequence of the number and after the image it starts over with the sequence.

I have tried to add line breaks \\ and have tried to put them in front of the image line and at the end of the image line and I have also tried to add it to the line above at the end of the text line. I have also tried to add <wrap>image</wrap> and <WRAP leftalign>Image</WRAP> and I have also tried to put .. in front of the image line but nothing seems to work. I have also installed the NBSP plugin and add tried adding added in the entities.local.conf \_     &nbsp; and then add \_ in front of the image line, then at the end of the image line. The numbering is still getting broken. The images are on their own line. So, when I have a document that has images they seem to keep breaking the ordering of the numbers and I can’t figure out how to reset the numbers or how to get so the images won’t break the ordering sequence. I am not sure what else to try, or do so these images won’t break the order list sequence. I have over 1000 documents that is having this problem. So, any help would be greatly apricated. Example below on what it keeps doing.

1. Some Text
2. Some Text
1. Some Text

So, what am I doing wrong? Is there another way I should be doing to stop the images from breaking the order list numbering sequence? Or is there another plugin I should have or try? Or is there a way to add something to the entities.local.conf to help so these images wont break the order list sequence? Any help or advice would be very apricated. Thanks in advance. I am also using the Boostrap3 template.
This post was edited on 2019-03-18, 17:49 by rogerjames.
cziehr #2
Member since Jan 2011 · 591 posts · Location: 10119 Berlin
  - first point
  - second point\\ {{:wiki:dokuwiki-128.png|DokuWiki}}
  - third point

works for me, without the need of using a plugin
rogerjames #3
Ok. So, I tried that, and it works. But is this the only way for this to work is by having the image on the same line as the text above where the image was for this to work? Is there not any other way to get this to work?

For it to work I had to change it to
- Some Text\\((image003.jpg|image003}}
- Some more Text

Which ends up being:

1.    Some text
{{image003.jpg|image003}}
2.    Some more text

All of these documents was created in Microsoft Word so they have a line between each line where images are example below:

- Some Text.

{{image003.jpg|image003.jpg}}

- Some More Text.

Which ends up being:

1.    Some Text

{image003.jpg|image003.jpg

1.    Some More Text

So, there are extra spaces between the text and the image. Is there a way to have it where I can still have the extra line after each text and image? Or is there a plugin to allow you to change the numbering sequence like Microsoft Word has?
This post was edited 2 times, last on 2019-03-18, 18:52 by rogerjames.
turnermm (Moderator) #4
Member since Oct 2009 · 4690 posts · Location: Canada
Group memberships: Global Moderators, Members, Super Mods
Line is ambiguous. Do you mean newline or horizontal line?
Myron Turner
github: https://github.com/turnermm
plugins, templates: http://www.mturner.org/devel
rogerjames #5
Like when you hit Enter Key on the keyboard. So guess it would be a new line. Sorry should clarify that a little more.
turnermm (Moderator) #6
Member since Oct 2009 · 4690 posts · Location: Canada
Group memberships: Global Moderators, Members, Super Mods
You can control the amount of space under each image in a list by adjusting the top margin:
.dokuwiki div.li img.media {
margin-bottom: 3em;
}

Put this in conf/userstyle.css.  This will only affect images in lists. You may have to experiment to get the best result for different size images.  Each time you change the em size, refresh your browser cache (CTRL+SHIFT+DELETE).  Attached is an example at 3em.
Myron Turner
github: https://github.com/turnermm
plugins, templates: http://www.mturner.org/devel
The author has attached one file to this post:
list_w_images.png 352.4 kBytes
You have no permission to open this file.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-08-24, 00:20:40 (UTC +02:00)