Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: User form to CSV file
Hi,

I am trying to be able to achieve the below

User enters info into a user form

User hits submit

This creates a CSV file with this data in a location of my choosing

Can someone give me advice on if this is possible?
hj #2
Member since Apr 2008 · 167 posts · Location: Lancaster, UK
denn88, I can't directly answer your question - partly because I'm interested in something similar, so you've asked my question for me!

I want to use a template page which will effectively be a table with labelled but empty fields.  When the fields are completed and I hit submit, I want the data to go to a CSV file....or maybe an SQLite database, or somewhere?

I'm not sure how to do this, but I suspect that it may involve 'data' plugins like the Structured Data Plugin https://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:data or other data plugins like struct or strata.  At the moment I don't understand exactly what they do or how they differ.

Will be interested if anyone can shed light on your (our) question.
StarArmy #3
Member since Nov 2011 · 83 posts
In reply to post #1
You might be able to do this using the bureacracy plugin and a template that stuffs the fields in between commas, basically making a wiki page or page section that can be renamed/copied into a CSV.

Not sure if there's a better way.

I think data plugins are probably the way to go with this.
hj #4
Member since Apr 2008 · 167 posts · Location: Lancaster, UK
Thanks StarArmy.

I'm trying out the Bureaucracy plugin and managed to get it to send field data to a template - good start.  My template is a regular wiki page, however, and it's designed for information display.  I might try a different template with comma separated placeholders as you suggest, be interesting to see what happens - but I think it would be a very laboured, manual process! 

I suspect that the best solution will be a data plugin, one which can aggregate the output from many form submissions.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-08-21, 07:43:56 (UTC +02:00)