Forum: General Help and Support Plugins RSS
filelisting plugin
not listing files
hj #1
Member since Apr 2008 · 167 posts · Location: Lancaster, UK
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: filelisting plugin
Has anyone had any problems with the filelisting plugin - https://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:filelisting

I downloaded the very recently updated (21st March) plugin, which has minimal documentation but a very simple syntax, so you can't really go wrong - well you wouldn't think so!

While the plugin loaded its interface on my wiki page, it didn't list any files - although I have got half a dozen files in the namespace. (see screenshot attached)

I'm using dokuwiki 2017-02-19 "Frusterick Manners" (a supported version), and my php is version 5.6.10

Any thoughts?
The author has attached one file to this post:
filenotlisting.jpg 100.9 kBytes
You have no permission to open this file.
StarArmy #2
Member since Nov 2011 · 77 posts
It is possible that it's a file permission thing where the file owner of the files you uploaded is not the same as the pages made by the wiki?
hj #3
Hi StarArmy,

I think it's very unlikely - the wiki's running on a localhost (MAMP) installation where file permissions are generally 777 throughout. In all my time using MAMP I've never had a file permissions issue.

Although their interface/display may not be quite what I want, other file listing plugins operate with no problem.
StarArmy #4
Looking again, it looks like you put the files in the pages folder instead of the media folder.
hj #5
Are pages not files?

It doesn't say anything about it only being a media lister?  A page in dokuwiki is a text FILE. No?
StarArmy #6
The data/media/ folder is where media files like images, PDFs, .docs, and .txt files go. Users can browse and download from this folder via the media manager.

/data/pages is only for content that is intended to be rendered as a wiki page (txt source files of your wiki pages).
This post was edited on 2019-04-12, 17:05 by StarArmy.
hj #7
Sure.  But as I say, the plugin page makes no distinction about what sort of 'files' the plugin is for.

And you say it yourself.... /data/pages is only for content that is intended to be rendered as a wiki page (txt source files of your wiki pages)..... txt source files   ;-)

If the plugin page actually said this is for media only, we'd be a lot wiser.
LarsDW223 #8
Member since Sep 2014 · 398 posts · Location: Paderborn
@hj: if you want to list pages then the pagelist plugin might be interesting for you, see https://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:pagelist.
hj #9
Thanks Lars, I'll certainly take a look at that.  :-)
Michaelsy #10
Member since Jun 2015 · 885 posts · Location: Düsseldorf, Germany
In reply to post #7
Quote by hj:
If the plugin page actually said this is for media only, we'd be a lot wiser.

Obviously the description of the plugin can be misunderstood at this point. I have allowed myself to correct that:
https://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:filelist…?do=diff&re…

HTH - Michael Sy.
By Patreon.com a few eurons can be fed into the code phasers of
the DokuWiki engine. Besides, Andi's posts are worth reading.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-05-24, 09:54:54 (UTC +02:00)