Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality RSS
How to report an outdated page (or publication)
Fabrice #1
Member for 2 months · 3 posts · Location: France
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: How to report an outdated page (or publication)
Hi All,

Is there a plugin that would allow to indicate, on pages that have not been revised for a long time, a warning to the user.

Example :
Please note that this page was last updated more than a year ago, the information it contains must be checked!

Thank you!
LarsDW223 #2
Member since Sep 2014 · 399 posts · Location: Paderborn
I think it's not exactly what you want but maybe the watchcycle plugin is something for you, see https://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:watchcycle.
Fabrice #3
Hi LarsDW223,

Indeed, this could be a workaround solution.... Bu it requires the installation of sqlite and that doesn't suit me at all!

Thanks anyway for your research.

To be continued....
MartinR #4
Member since Jul 2015 · 143 posts · Location: UK
Can this not be done by user education?  At the foot of each page there is a line like:
user/wikipedia_pages_to_work_on.txt · Last modified: 2019/04/10 22:05 by jmr
If your users can be required (thumbscrews? :-D ) to take note of the date/time that should suffice.
Fabrice #5
Hi MartinR,

Yes you're right though you know users like me and they often read "diagonally"...and if you don't put a warning in the middle of the screen then they don't see anything...
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-06-24, 21:49:49 (UTC +02:00)