catlist
namespace not found
hj #1
Member since Apr 2008 · 167 posts · Location: Lancaster, UK
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: catlist
Hi,

Catlist looks like the best listing plugin for my needs. But having a few problems with it.

Trying to include a namespace in the plugin syntax just throws up an error, "namespace not found". This is odd, as the namespace (actually a sub-namespace) is in the same folder as my page with the catlist syntax.

Syntax used is...

<catlist (surface:) -displayList -noHeadTitle -noHead -noAddPageButton -sortDescending>

Take out the (surface:) namespace reference and the plugin works, but shows all files in the main namespace.

Maybe the namespace feature of the syntax doesnt work with Frusterick Manners?

Anyone know different?
The author has attached one file to this post:
Screen shot 2019-04-17 at 14.07.34.png 31 kBytes
You have no permission to open this file.
hj #2
Member since Apr 2008 · 167 posts · Location: Lancaster, UK
I've answered my own question!

The (namespace) part of the syntax shouldn't have the brackets ()  ;-)   And then with a bit of fiddling around with colons and periods I managed to produce the namespace I want.

I think it's a bit misleading on the plugin page that it shows the syntax specifically with brackets (namespace) - I know that it's mentioned that it means the namespace is an optional inclusion, but if you are showing a syntax example you really should leave the brackets out, they're not part of the actual syntax!  :rolleyes:

Edited to add: I'm not a coder and I am very slow!  :-D
The author has attached one file to this post:
catlistbrackets.jpg 46.9 kBytes
You have no permission to open this file.
This post was edited on 2019-04-17, 15:58 by hj.
pop #3
Member since Nov 2016 · 123 posts
In reply to post #1
I have never used this plugin. However, I think you should drop the parentheses from the namespace specification. If this doesn't work, I'd add the syntax for a relative namespace.

Hence:

<catlist surface: -displayList -noHeadTitle -noHead -noAddPageButton -sortDescending>

or

<catlist .:surface: -displayList -noHeadTitle -noHead -noAddPageButton -sortDescending>

might do the trick.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-05-24, 09:43:49 (UTC +02:00)