Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support General Stuff RSS
Can't get to Admin Link
j_bee_uk #1
Member for 3 months · 15 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Can't get to Admin Link
I was running an old version of PHP and upgraded to 7.2,  when I did so, my wiki stopped displaying some images.  In a fit up unbridled enthusiasm, I started to update plugins without checking first - in an attempt to fix issue.  I really should have known better!

I updated one plugin - to my shame can't remember what it was, although I think it had to do with sidebars - and everything went very pear shaped.  I think the right side bar started to overlay the main  part of the page.  To try and fix that, I tried playing with the template so see if I could find one that would work.    Now I have a template where a placeholder for the missing side-bar overlays the Admin Link -  and while I can log in, I can't click on the admin link (although I can see it).

Does anyone know the url structure for the Admin page?  Then I might be able to get to it directly.

Once I get in, is there a way that I can update the Wiki version from there?  My ISP doesn't appear to have a way that I can do so externally.
pop #2
Member since Nov 2016 · 170 posts
Can't you just let the browser show you the source of the page? You will be able to find the link to the admin page by simply searching for "admin" within the page. Mine does that and I find the URL to be http://192.168.1.69/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=start&do=admin where 192.168.1.69 is the IP address within my private LAN.
j_bee_uk #3
My wiki is hosted on an ISP's server.  I have tried that (in a couple of different formats) formats on the sub-domain and the main domain -  both just return a  blank pages (even though I am logged in as an admin).

I have tried copying the whole of the <div class> section of code into a wiki page - and running from there -  however, it won't recognise the code :)

I am beginning to run out of ideas
Michaelsy #4
Member since Jun 2015 · 969 posts · Location: Düsseldorf, Germany
Please give us a link to your Wiki.
By Patreon.com a few eurons can be fed into the code phasers of
the DokuWiki engine. Besides, Andi's posts are worth reading.
j_bee_uk #5
rp.baileymail.net

However, I have managed to get  to the admin page from the Host Site's file lists, and changed the template so that it doesn't cover the admin link.

Now I just need to work out how to get the code and the plugins updated  :)
j_bee_uk #6
The issue was caused by the Nav Overlay Plugin.  Disabling that has fixed the overlay issues so my users and I can get to everything again.  :)  It just doesn't look pretty anymore :(
Michaelsy #7
In reply to post #5
You have to append /doku.php?do=admin to the URL of your Wiki to get the admin panel (of course only if you are logged in as admin):
http://rp.baileymail.net/doku.php?do=admin
j_bee_uk #8
Thank you
Michaelsy #9
Which template do you use at the moment?
j_bee_uk #10
I have just put codowiki on with a side bar.  It is a bit less ugly than when it all went pear shaped :)  But I have lost my Right-hand side bar.

Images  and my next issue :(  Some links and recent uploads don't work at all. -  But that will have to wait until later.  I have a CV to write today  :)
Michaelsy #11
By the way, you should disable the self-registration option, or secure it with the help of the Captcha plugin. https://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:captcha
Otherwise, at some point you will experience an unlovely surprise. (How that happened to me already.)
j_bee_uk #12
Thanks.  I thought I had disabled it when I set the site up *frowns*
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-08-23, 15:35:31 (UTC +02:00)