Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality RSS
*.indexed files
mekineer #1
Member since Mar 2018 · 28 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: *.indexed files
What are these files, who's only content in them, is the number 8.  Is it ok if I delete these files, but not the corresponding *.changes and *.meta files?
schplurtz (Moderator) #2
Member since Nov 2009 · 463 posts · Location: France, Finistère
Group memberships: Global Moderators, Members
They are created by the indexer. If you remove them, they'll come back, most probably.
As a general rule, don't mess up with DW files and it will just work smoothly.
turnermm (Moderator) #3
Member since Oct 2009 · 4690 posts · Location: Canada
Group memberships: Global Moderators, Members, Super Mods
As a general rule, don't mess up with DW files and it will just work smoothly.
:-)
Myron Turner
github: https://github.com/turnermm
plugins, templates: http://www.mturner.org/devel
mekineer #4
I usually wouldn't mess with these files, but I was in the process of mass renaming pages of_this_variety to-this-variety (substituting underscores for hyphens).  So I kept some of the history I wanted in the attic, and mostly threw out anything else to start over.  I took an educated guess at what was important to keep.  In the data folder I:

deleted folders 0-f in the cache
deleted the index files
deleted the locks
deleted media attic
deleted media meta

In the meta folder, I renamed my_underscored_files to hyphenated-files.  I used batch replacement of underscores to hyphens for the inner contents of the *.changes files.  Lastly I deleted the *.indexed files.  Maybe some of the *.meta still contain mistaken references to the underscored files, but I couldn't do a simple batch job of underscore_replacement because there are some programmatic underscores like "last_change".

Everything appears to be working, but there could be some consequences I'm not aware of, which would be nice to hear about before they happen and I don't know what's going on.
andi (Administrator) #5
User title: splitbrain
Member since May 2006 · 3471 posts · Location: Berlin Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Quote by mekineer:
Everything appears to be working, but there could be some consequences I'm not aware of, which would be nice to hear about before they happen and I don't know what's going on.

Well, you deleted stuff already. It's a bit late, eh? You actually deleted stuff that cannot be recovered. You might not care about it though,  then you're fine.

https://www.dokuwiki.org/devel:dirlayout gives a good (albeit slightly outdated) overview of what is where in DokuWiki.
Read this if you don't get any useful answers.
Lies dies wenn du keine hilfreichen Antworten bekommst.
mekineer #6
Yeah, thanks Andi.  Looks like everything is ok.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-08-24, 00:34:52 (UTC +02:00)