Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: Community User Introductions RSS
Hi. UK Economics prof here, 'innovations in fundraising and effective altruism', airtable-DW tool
daaronr #1
Member since Feb 2017 · 1 post
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Hi. UK Economics prof here, 'innovations in fundraising and effective altruism', airtable-DW tool
Hi. I'm an Economics 'senior lecturer' (something like US Associate/Assistant Professor) at the University of Exeter. I'm building a wiki on 'innovations in fundraising and effective altruism, to appeal to both academics, practitioners, students, and the general public. We hope to engage a wide variety of groups in contributing content, experiences and ideas, and sharing data and information.

The wiki is  innovationsinfundraising.org; feedback is appreciated!

We chose dokuwiki because of the text-storage format, the many plugins, and fairly easy installation and syntax options.

For our wiki, the more systematic information is stored in an Airtable, and we built a Python-based tool to push information from one to the other https://fundingwiki.readthedocs.io/en/latest/    (It worked for a while but now we are having some sort of permission issues; I'll ask for support on this in the other subforum.)
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-10-17, 10:58:08 (UTC +02:00)