New user with wiki on SuperCollider
Introduction of new user
iani #1
Member for a month · 4 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: New user with wiki on SuperCollider
Hello,
my name is Iannis Zannos. I teach Interactive Audiovisual Arts at the Ionian University in Corfu, Greece.
I just started a wiki on SuperCollider. It is found here: http://pearl.org.gr/sc-wiki/

Iannis Zannos
Michaelsy #2
Member since Jun 2015 · 969 posts · Location: Düsseldorf, Germany
Hi welcome!

A tip: It is not a good idea to put a completely unprotected wiki on the net, which can be edited by anyone.

Bots are on the move, adding hundreds or thousands of pages. As it has already happened to me.

You should at least use the Captcha Plugin: https://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:captcha

HTH - Michael Sy.
By Patreon.com a few eurons can be fed into the code phasers of
the DokuWiki engine. Besides, Andi's posts are worth reading.
iani #3
Member for a month · 4 posts
Hello Michael,

thank you for the tip.
I will add the Captcha Plugin asap.

Regarding authentication, I have two more questions:

Do you know how to protect the data and other directories if using ngnix instead of Apache? ngnix does not have .htaccess AFAIK. I tried looking up this issue but the instructions that I found were very complicated and confusing, and I suspect they are either obsolete or do not apply to my installation.

Furthermore: I installed the davcal plugin, and it shows the calendar. However I cannot enter any data, because I am not authorized as user for davcal database. Any hints on how to connect my user to plugins in general?

Thanks again

Iannis
Michaelsy #4
Member since Jun 2015 · 969 posts · Location: Düsseldorf, Germany
I can not answer your questions competently. I would recommend opening a separate thread for each question.
By Patreon.com a few eurons can be fed into the code phasers of
the DokuWiki engine. Besides, Andi's posts are worth reading.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-07-23, 00:45:31 (UTC +02:00)