Tab stop problem
Quent1 #1
Member since Jul 2019 · 3 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Tab stop problem
Hello everyone,

I'm new here thanks to let me in ! :)

I come to you because I encounter a simple but atypical syntax problem.
When I write a new page (with the basic Template and little Plug-in so under totally normal syntax conditions)

I very often use the tags <code> (who keep my syntax like writted) but when I want to use tabs to organize my information, my cursor moves into the next text fields so I'd like it to create space in my text (as on word or OoWriter).

Exemple of what i want to do:

<code>
Text:                text
Text scond time:    text
blabla:            text   < with tagstops instead of space, these 3 "text" will be aligned
                 ^
         3 Tagstop here (not spaces)
</code>

I know it's not necessarily a normal use but I'm constantly copying paste tab sets to organize my data cleanly (without necessarily creating columns or tables that in my case take too long to create).

i precise that my tab stop work, but i need to copy paste them all the time.

I have already try to make macro with some soft (Clavier+in french) to insert it as my copy paste but it does not work.

I do not know if you have understood my request, if you need more information do not hesitate to ask me. I use Internet Explorer 11 and my Doku is hosted on an Ubuntu 14 (Apache).
This post was edited on 2019-07-25, 12:49 by Quent1.
Quent1 #2
Subject: Ok thx a lot for no-help
Thanks
cziehr #3
Member since Jan 2011 · 634 posts · Location: 10119 Berlin
This behaviour has nothing to do with DokuWiki, but with your browser and your operating system.
It doesn‘t matter if you have an input field in DokuWiki, MediaWiki or a webmail client, they will all react the same way when pressing tab. You will have to change this behaviour in your browser or OS, not in DokuWiki.
Quent1 #4
For those who encounters the same problem, i have found a solution.
With the Plugin "Vkeyboard" (VIRTUAL KEYBOARD) (not bundled) when you hit the virtual "tab" key, it place at tabstop instead of change of textfield (like the real tab key).

vkeyboard is a plugins you can find easily on internet or in the dokuwiki plugins depositary.

very glad to find the solution by myself.
Like you said cziehr, i was knowing that i will cant change my Navigator but i was searching about a solution like this ^^.

But thanks for answering my question (cziehr),

Sorry for my bad English level,
turnermm (Moderator) #5
Member since Oct 2009 · 4734 posts · Location: Canada
Group memberships: Global Moderators, Members, Super Mods
Ok thx a lot for no-help
Help is not automatic.  If users have no solutions, you can't expect answers.  Pouting won't help.
Myron Turner
github: https://github.com/turnermm
plugins, templates: http://www.mturner.org/devel
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-12-08, 22:48:32 (UTC +01:00)