Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Templates and Layout RSS
site loading time much higher with bootstrap3- than with dokuwiki-template
virk #1
Member since Aug 2008 · 615 posts · Location: Aachen, Germany
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: site loading time much higher with bootstrap3- than with dokuwiki-template
In our closed wiki there are several pages which are quite long/big. When the dokuwiki-template is chosen the reload time of this page until the text gets visible is about 3-4 seconds while it takes about 15-20 seconds if bootstrap3-template is chosen.
Is this a normal case oder is there a problem anywhere which I can try to solve with your help? If yes, what should I try to do?
courtland #2
Member since Mar 2015 · 96 posts · Location: USA
Virk, mine was running a tad slow too, when I disabled "Show Bootswatch.com theme switcher in navbar" in configuration, my site loaded significantly quicker, this may be your case or not, just thought I'd throw it out there in case you have that enabled, you could try to disable and see if it improves.
Courtland
Digitalin #3
Member since Feb 2014 · 211 posts · Location: Uzès - France
I use for a while the plugin Faster DokuWiki Plugin,  fastwiki with bootstrap template and it speeds up really giving to the whole (DokuWiki with Bootstrap3) a much better user experience. As I have about 80 plugins installed with some important ones (like Struct, bureaucracy..) I've tested it on a local wiki for months before activating it on production.  I just keep the defaults settings of fastwiki and never met an issue. A nice and useful plugin.
courtland #4
Member since Mar 2015 · 96 posts · Location: USA
Digitalin, that really does speed up a wiki! Incredible!
Courtland
virk #5
Thanks to you both, but: 1) "Show Bootswatch.com them switcher in navbar" is/was not active. 2) Fastwiki-plugin "creates" an "indexmenu ID conflict", if the indexmenu is called with {{indexmenu>..:#1|js#thread}}; our complete wiki depends on a proper function of the indexmenu-plugin :-)
virk #6
Referring to my initial post, sometimes it is even the case, that with bootstrap3-template the page is not loaded at all (perhaps due to time-out, but no idea) with the result, that there is a blank page. With dokuwiki-template all these problems do not occur.
Can anybody guide me how I can check where my problem is?
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-08-19, 16:29:30 (UTC +02:00)