Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Syntax and Usage RSS
Can a user upload multiple files without going into edit mode?
alimat #1
Member since Sep 2018 · 5 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Can a user upload multiple files without going into edit mode?
I am trying to create a page where a user can upload a number of files. I am using the Bureaucracy plugin to create a form and a template to create a page as a result. This plugin allows a use to select a file to be uploaded, however this is limited to 1 file at a time. The Drag and Drop plugin allows multiple files to be selected and dragged in - but needs to be done while in edit mode - which I do not want the user to have to do. Is there any method that could be used to allow a user to run the media manager or otherwise upload files (like what you see form the media upload in the editor) . I have also tried the upload plugin but it also was only allowing one file to be selected at a time?

Any ideas or suggestions please?
cziehr #2
Member since Jan 2011 · 634 posts · Location: 10119 Berlin
You can use media manager without being in edit mode - by clicking on the media manager link, which is near the search field in the DokuWiki template.
alimat #3
Member since Sep 2018 · 5 posts
I was hoping to keep everything within one page so that he user has a simpler overall experience. Agreed - getting them to use media manager would work but it not as streamlined as I had been hoping. Does anyone know what stops the upload plugin from accepting multiple files in the way that media manager does - the source code appears so similar I don't see what is preventing it.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-12-08, 03:30:54 (UTC +01:00)