Authad not available
I want to switch to authad, but get only PlainAuth as an option
Maffu #1
Member for a week · 2 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Authad not available
Hi Folks,
This is almost certainly down to my own cock-up, but Authad is no longer available for my Wiki.
When i go to Config > Authentication, next to authtype I just see Authplain (no other choices available)
When I first installed dokuwiki I did try to set up Active Directory authentication, but then changed tack to try something else.
Now I want to return to AD Authentication but it isn't available --- almost certainly because of some tinkering I've done while rummaging around in the backend.
I've tried the plugin installer but that doesn't give me the option to install - it just says bundled under the plugin name/description.
I have spent a good while getting the look of the wiki right and I have personally entered a lot of articles and information - neither of which I want to lose, obviously.
So, what could I possibly have done to make it disappear like that and, more importantly, how can I get it back without losing everything (my mind included)?
Any help is much appreciated.

Matt
This post was edited on 2019-08-12, 17:05 by Maffu.
cziehr #2
Member since Jan 2011 · 591 posts · Location: 10119 Berlin
Is the authad-plugin activated in your configuration manager?
turnermm (Moderator) #3
Member since Oct 2009 · 4688 posts · Location: Canada
Group memberships: Global Moderators, Members, Super Mods
Make sure it's enabled in the Extension Manager.  If for some reason it has been deleted, make sure you have the latest dokuwiki, and then download a separate  copy of dokuwiki and in lib/plugins you will find authad.  Copy its whole directory to lib/plugins and make sure it's read-write to the web server.  To get the latest dw, if you don't have it, use the upgrade plugin; consult the dw wiki for upgrade instructions.
Myron Turner
github: https://github.com/turnermm
plugins, templates: http://www.mturner.org/devel
Maffu #4
Member for a week · 2 posts
Quote by cziehr:
Is the authad-plugin activated in your configuration manager?
It is, yes.

Quote by turnermm:
Make sure it's enabled in the Extension Manager.  If for some reason it has been deleted, make sure you have the latest dokuwiki, and then download a separate  copy of dokuwiki and in lib/plugins you will find authad.  Copy its whole directory to lib/plugins and make sure it's read-write to the web server.  To get the latest dw, if you don't have it, use the upgrade plugin; consult the dw wiki for upgrade instructions.
That got it back - thanks very much for your help, Myron.
I still can't get it to work though - as soon as I activate it I get an error
Something unforseen has happened: Maximum action transitions reached
...which is less than informative.
I guess I have more reading to do.

Anyhoo, thanks for taking the time to help.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-08-19, 16:15:59 (UTC +02:00)