Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration RSS
2 Diskstations in the network How can I Start Dokuwiki from Outside?
Racle #1
Member for 3 months · 1 post
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: 2 Diskstations in the network How can I Start Dokuwiki from Outside?
Hello everybody,

I used 2 Diskstations in the network. Both I can achieve by means of port forwarding from the outside (eg www.meinedomain.de:0000). On one I have now installed Dokuwiki. Of course, I would also like to be able to call up the Dokuwiki with the browser. But that does not work. I enter in the browser: www.mydomain.de/Dokuwiki, I land at the login screen of a station on the wiki is not installed. Can you please help me, what I have to set up where, so that I can reach my wiki from the outside?

Thanks for your support!
pop (Moderator) #2
Member since Nov 2016 · 207 posts · Location: near Basel. Switzerland
Group memberships: Global Moderators, Members
Show profile · Link to this post
It appears that the router in your network (I assume it's a home network) is configured to forward all traffic for port 80 to the server without the Dokuwiki.

I would think that you have the following options:

- Move the Dokuwiki to the server where your requests land.
- Configure the router to direct all traffic for port 80 to the server where Dokuwiki is installed.
- Configure the router to direct all traffic for another port number to the server with Dokuwiki, and use that port number for addressing your Dokuwiki.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-11-18, 19:03:25 (UTC +01:00)