Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration RSS
Problem with wiki-on-a-stick
hj #1
Member since Apr 2008 · 173 posts · Location: Lancaster, UK
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Problem with wiki-on-a-stick
Small problem someone might help me with....

I created a special information recording wiki using the excellent Bureaucracy plugin (and with much help from user 'pop' - thank you!)

I put this wiki on a stick with the mini-server, and after testing gave the wiki to my field team to take to Borneo.  For one reason or another they didn't use it, preferring to scribble their notes on paper.  I think the nearby bar was a greater attraction!  :-D

Anyway, I decided to review the wiki as perhaps it could be made simpler or more intuitive.  It was still on my USB stick so I plugged it in and fired up the server, all ok.

But when I came to 'submit' a test entry using the Bureaucracy form, I got an error message:

Could not read template "tripreports:underground_trip". Maybe it doesn't exist or you have no read permissions.

Well, the template does exist, in the data/pages/treip_report namespace. And as no login is required (the wiki is completely open apart from admin login, and it's not online) I'm perplexed why this error message is showing up?  I logged in as admin and submissions work ok.  But if I'm logged out it just throws up the error message. ??

If I'd had this problem when testing the wiki a few months ago I'd never have passed it on for general use - so it must have worked back then.  Why am I suddenly getting this error message?

Any ideas?
pop #2
Member since Nov 2016 · 175 posts
Quote by hj:
Could not read template "tripreports:underground_trip". Maybe it doesn't exist or you have no read permissions.

Well, the template does exist, in the data/pages/treip_report namespace.

Well, hi and welcome back.

Did you realise that you have used two different spellings for the namespace? One with and without an underscore between trip and report. Also, "report" is in the singular in one place and in the plural form in the other.

Could be due to hurrying while typing this message, but could also be two different spellings in the two places. Advise checking the spelling of the namespace and the template link.

Kind regards

Philipp
hj #3
Hi Philipp, good to hear from you again!

Sorry, it's me rushing - and coming to the forum on my Mac while the wiki's on a stick on the PC laptop!

It is indeed 'tripreports' namespace, so 'tripreports:underground_trip'.  I've plugged the stick into a second windows laptop and fired up the wiki (no problems) but the submission still fails with the same error message.

Hugh
hj #4
I may have solved it - well, my issue, at least.  It seems I didn't have sufficient permissions granted to users via the Access Control List (ACL).

In my situation, the form is contained in a standard dokuwiki page, but on submission of the form dokuwiki has to WRITE to the template which displays the output.  In my case, this template is held in a namespace, tripreports:surface_trips and the template file is named surface_trips.txt

While the files themselves had full read/write permissions (i.e. on the Windows operating system), the users of the ACL list didn't have full permissions.  I changed the ACL permissions for the directory/namespace tripreports to 'upload', which is the max available without letting people delete entries (which I wanted to retain as an admin only privilege).

My form submissions are now being successful without any error messages.  :-)

Access Control Lists are perhaps not the easiest thing to understand in dokuwiki, but I got there in the end!

Hugh
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-09-16, 22:59:41 (UTC +02:00)