Forum: General Help and Support General Stuff RSS
Cannot upload PNG image due to iexssprotect
theoveenker #1
Member since Sep 2017 · 8 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Cannot upload PNG image due to iexssprotect
Hi all,

I'm running Greebo and it all works fine. I have the default mime.conf installed.

I was trying to replace a screenshot (PNG) on my wiki and suddenly got the dreaded "The upload was blocked for possibly malicious content.".

It turned out I could upload any other PNG image, but not the one I needed. Even after recreating the screenshot it did not work. After some research I found out (using the strings tool) that the PNG file contained the sequence <A which made media_contentcheck() trigger a -3 error.

I guess I can get around it by turning off iexssprotect, but wouldn't it be better if media_contentcheck() first checked mime times to see if the file is text or a valid binary image instead of first assuming it is a text file?

What can I do to upload my image other than turning off iexssprotect?

Theo
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-09-16, 23:07:55 (UTC +02:00)