Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support General Stuff RSS
About Half of All DokuWikis Have Less Than 16 pages
StarArmy #1
Member since Nov 2011 · 102 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: About Half of All DokuWikis Have Less Than 16 pages
I was playing around with the popularity plugin results and I found if you look at this...

https://www.dokuwiki.org/lib/plugins/pluginrepo/…?key=pa…

...you can see that about half of all Dokuwikis have between 3 and 15 pages in their installation.

Why are there so many tiny wikis out there? My best guess is that people install them with the intent to document things but they give up because they get lazy or confused. Or maybe there's just a bunch of test wikis out there that only exist to make sure that Plugin Foo works with version Bar.

Maybe we should promote some sort of International Wiki Page Creation Day to encourage/remind people to flesh out their neglected little wiki installations, or make some video tutorials or something.
Hella #2
Member since Feb 2012 · 2 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Without looking I'd guess that a lot of them are wikis used as simple CMS.

Some people just need some pages to present something to the internet. And a Dokuwiki is an easy and cheap way to do it (you don't need a database).

E.g. a photographer with some pictures and contact data. A musician with included sound / video bites and booking info.

It is probably much more difficult to find out what theme these small wikis generally have ...

(Not saying, that some people would profit from video tutorials or would like to be encouraged.)
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-10-16, 07:15:09 (UTC +02:00)