Forum: General Help and Support Templates and Layout RSS
Replace title and tagline with custom logo
leemillerau #1
User title: leemillerau
Member for a month · 6 posts · Location: Wellington, New Zealand
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Replace title and tagline with custom logo
I'm trying to replace the wiki title and tagline in both the navbar and the footer with a custom logo on the wiki http://bikesonplanes.com

So far I have got the logo.png file into the right folder so that it displays.

Now I have a couple of problems and I would rather solve them if I can by changing settings in Configuration Manager.

Problem 1

The title and tagline in the navbar repeat what's in the the logo.  I want to remove both the wiki title and the tagline from the navbar.  I know I can remove the tagline just by blanking it out in the Configuration Manager but I think that I probably shouldn't do that for the wiki name. Or can I?

Problem 2

In the navbar the logo size is changed by reference to its height while the footer changes the logo size by reference to its width i.e. it expects a square logo, but my logo isn't square so it looks fine in the header/navbar and ridiculously small in the footer.

I have found this thread in the forum https://forum.dokuwiki.org/thread/12447 which implies that I have to set up my own CSS in a userstyle.css file to go into the mywiki/conf/ folder.  Is that my only choice to get what I want?

Any simple suggestions welcome.

Lee

Edit: forgot to say I'm using the Bootstrap3 template
This post was edited on 2019-10-02, 20:36 by leemillerau.
leemillerau #2
User title: leemillerau
Member for a month · 6 posts · Location: Wellington, New Zealand
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Report on what I actually did in case you end up with something similar - although you may be more skilled and have a simpler way to get to the same solution

I had to write CSS in userstyle.css file.  I used the Inspect feature in Chrome to look at the underlying source code and test out what changes I wanted to make before transferring them to the userstyle.css file.

In writing the CSS I needed to use a lot of !important to force my changes through - either because I didn't understand properly what I was doing, or else because there are additional parameters generated/read after the userstyle.css file.

So got somewhere close eventually by trial and (lots of) error -  :-)
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-10-16, 06:58:32 (UTC +02:00)