Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration RSS
Help with plugins installation please !!!
Wrap Plugin - Failed to download the file...
Konstantin #1
Member for 2 months · 6 posts · Location: Moscow
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Help with plugins installation please !!!
Hello, I installed DokuWiki Release 2018-04-22 "Greebo" on QNAP NAS.

I am trying to install the Wrap Plugin (plugin by Anika Henke).

In the administrative console, I am using extension manager. Through the plugin search box, I find Wrap Plugin and many others (internet connection works).

However, when I try to install it, I get the message “Failed to download the file: https://github.com/selfthinker/dokuwiki_plugin_wrap/archive/stable.zip”.

This message occurs when I try to install any plugins or templates.

Please tell me what could be the reason !!!

HELP!!! Please
cziehr #2
Member since Jan 2011 · 634 posts · Location: 10119 Berlin
You can download the plugin to your computer and install it manually in the plugin manager.
StarArmy #3
Member since Nov 2011 · 114 posts
I think I remember this happening to me once and it was some issue with the connection. Basically your Dokuwiki isn't able to talk to Github securely. Might be an HTTPS/certificate issue (?) and probably has to do with this being on an NAS instead of a typical web server.
cziehr #4
Quote by StarArmy:
Might be an HTTPS/certificate issue (?) and probably has to do with this being on an NAS instead of a typical web server.

I guess it isn't a certificate issue, but DokuWiki lacks support of the openssl-package in PHP, which seems to be not installed on the NAS. Probably it can't be installed, so the nearest solution is to download the plugin to a computer and upload it via manual install in the plugin manager.
StarArmy #5
Member since Nov 2011 · 114 posts
Doesn't this also cause an annoying notice to be displayed at the top of every wiki page that warns that the wiki was unable to check for updates?
cziehr #6
Yes, this has the same reason.
Konstantin #7
In reply to post #2
Subject: Thank you for your advice, but...
Thank you for your advice,
I downloaded dokuwiki_plugin_wrap-stable.zip from https://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:wrap
I placed it on the local drive of my working PC. I did not unzip it. If in the extension manager / manual installation tab I specify the path to this archive on the local machine, then I get the message "Failed to determine the directory for addition, download and installation must be done manually."
I myself will unzip the archive and copy all its contents to the address /share/CACHEDEV1_DATA/.qpkg/QDokuWiki/dokuwiki/lib/plugins/wrap. Then I get an extension manager message that the archive needs to be reinstalled. Attempting to reinstall the plugin again leads to the message https://github.com/selfthinker/dokuwiki_plugin_wrap/archiv…
On the version of DokuWiki v20130510.2 (2019/07/02), the manual installation was successful.
I'd like to understand how you can install this plugin (however, others too)
Thank you in advance
turnermm (Moderator) #8
Member since Oct 2009 · 4741 posts · Location: Canada
Group memberships: Global Moderators, Members, Super Mods
In reply to post #1
The Extension manager will generally fail if installing from github and your server does not have ssl enabled for PHP.  To check if your installation is missing support for SSL, unzip the attached file and place the index.php script in your topmost directory, then open it in your browser.  If you already  have an index.php in the directory then give it another name.  If the output does not show a section for openssl, then you  must install it. 

For Windows, see this:
http://www.herongyang.com/PKI/HTTPS-PHP-Configure-PHP-Open…

For a Linux machine use your package manager.
Myron Turner
github: https://github.com/turnermm
plugins, templates: http://www.mturner.org/devel
Konstantin #9
Subject: Thank you for your advice, but...
Thank you for your answer.
Unfortunately, I could not figure out how to enable SSL for my Apache on Qnap NAS.  :(
I understand that this is a matter of interacting with github.
However, I can’t understand why when installing manually this plugin does not work. I copy it to the correct directory / dokuwiki / lib / plugins / wrap. Undefined tags disappear on my WIKI pages, but the necessary formatting does not appear.
Tell me please, what else I should check and what steps to take.
Thank you so much.
cziehr #10
Quote by Konstantin on 2019-10-21, 21:10:
Tell me please, what else I should check and what steps to take.

Is it possible to install a different plugin, or do you get the same error messages when you try?
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-12-14, 00:22:04 (UTC +01:00)