Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality RSS
Romanization or deaccent for unsupported languages
teddydoors #1
Member for 2 weeks · 14 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Romanization or deaccent for unsupported languages
My wiki site is in Vietnamese language which is not currently supported by romanization or deaccent functions (in generating cool and clean namespaces).
Because this is a Latin-based writing system, some of the specific Vietnamese characters are affected if I choose either of the above functions. But of course, not all.

Can I manually do it?

I think I'm looking for a file to edit the list of characters that need to be converted.
teddydoors #2
Oh, well, I found the solution myself.

Go find utf8.php file inside  /inc folder.

The better strategy is using romanization feature with missing characters (it's in the bottom section of the file).
andi (Administrator) #3
User title: splitbrain
Member since May 2006 · 3497 posts · Location: Berlin Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Why don't you create a pull request with your changes?
Read this if you don't get any useful answers.
Lies dies wenn du keine hilfreichen Antworten bekommst.
teddydoors #4
I'm still learning.
And for a lazy person, tweaking some source codes is easier  :-D

This is what I put in that file just in case you may need to update the future version.

//Vietnamese

'À'=>'a','Á'=>'a','Ả'=>'a','Ã'=>'a','Ạ'=>'a','à'=>'a','á'=>'a','ả'=>'a','ã'=>'a','ạ'=>'a',
'Ă'=>'a','ă'>'a','Â'=>'a','â'=>'a',
'Ằ'=>'a','Ắ'=>'a','Ẳ'=>'a','Ẵ'=>'a','Ặ'=>'a','ằ'=>'a','ắ'=>'a','ẳ'=>'a','ẵ'=>'a','ặ'=>'a',
'Ầ'=>'a','Ấ'=>'a','Ẩ'=>'a','Ẫ'=>'a','Ậ'=>'a','ầ'=>'a','ấ'=>'a','ẩ'=>'a','ẫ'=>'a','ậ'=>'a',

'Đ'=>'d','đ'=>'d',
'È'=>'e','É'=>'e','Ẻ'=>'e','Ẽ'=>'e','Ẹ'=>'e','è'=>'e','é'=>'e','ẻ'=>'e','ẽ'=>'e','ẹ'=>'e',
'Ê'=>'e','ê'=>'e',
'Ề'=>'e','Ế'=>'e','Ể'=>'e','Ể'=>'e','Ệ'=>'e','ề'=>'e','Ế'=>'e','Ể'=>'e','Ễ'=>'e','Ệ'=>'e',
'Ì'=>'i','Í'=>'i','Ì'=>'i','Ĩ'=>'i','Ị'=>'i','ì'=>'i','í'=>'i','ỉ'=>'i','ĩ'=>'i','ị'=>'i',

'Ô'=>'o','ô'=>'o','Ơ'=>'o','ơ'=>'o',
'Ồ'=>'o','Ố'=>'o','Ổ'=>'o','Ỗ'=>'o','Ộ'=>'o','ồ'=>'o','ố'=>'o','ổ'=>'o','ỗ'=>'o','ộ'=>'o',
'Ờ'=>'o','Ớ'=>'o','Ở'=>'o','Ỡ'=>'o','Ợ'=>'o','ờ'=>'o','ớ'=>'o','ở'=>'o','ỡ'=>'o','ợ'=>'o',
'Ư'=>'u','ư'=>'u',
'Ừ'=>'u','Ứ'=>'u','Ử'=>'u','Ữ'=>'u','Ự'=>'u','ừ'=>'u','ứ'=>'u','ử'=>'u','ữ'=>'u','ự'=>'u',
'Ỳ'=>'y','Ý'=>'y','Ỷ'=>'y','Ỹ'=>'y','Ỵ'=>'y','ỳ'=>'y','ý'=>'y','ỷ'=>'y','ỹ'=>'y','ỵ'=>'y',
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-11-12, 06:03:07 (UTC +01:00)