Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration RSS
[Solved]How to inherit users from another Dokuwiki installation?
teddydoors #1
Member for a month · 26 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: [Solved]How to inherit users from another Dokuwiki installation?
Sorry if I bother you much.

I'm installing two separate Dokuwiki packages. One is a normal wiki site, and the other one is for blogging (I think I love Dokuwiki).
How can I configure so that the blog site can inherit the users from the wiki site (or vice versa)?
Or, are symlinks helpful in this case?

I realize that even dokuwiki.org inherits users from this forum. So, I know that it is possible.

If this is feasible, it can save me a lot of works, instead of spending long hours understanding related issues, plugins and whatsoever.
This post was edited on 2019-11-21, 18:19 by teddydoors.
teddydoors #2
I finally found a way.

Adding these codes to the file inc/preload.php
where ABCD is the location base of the wiki site you want to inherit from

$config_cascade['plainauth.users'] = array(
    'default'   => '/ABCD/conf/users.auth.php',
);

But, my blogging plugin now show errors because "SQLite & PDO SQLite support" is missing. Not sure this is the consequence.

Hmmmmmm
teddydoors #3
I used a different method and succeeded

Simply trigger an event to copy the user list file (ie, conf/users.auth.php) from A site to B site when a user registers his profile successfully.
cziehr #4
Member since Jan 2011 · 634 posts · Location: 10119 Berlin
You should disable register and any other account modification possibility on site B in this case to prevent that changes on site B become overwritten.
teddydoors #5
Thank you very much.

I know that I have to disable registration on site B, and thanks for hinting me about account modification. Now I will create another event that any user account modification on site A will copy the user file to site B.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-12-06, 08:43:52 (UTC +01:00)