Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support General Stuff RSS
Looking for a cheap DokuWiki web host that runs Softaculous
craniac #1
Member since Feb 2019 · 4 posts · Location: Orem, Utah
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Looking for a cheap DokuWiki web host that runs Softaculous
I am migrating my small DokuWiki site from Site5, and looking for recommendations for a web host that supports Softaculous (for installing Dokuwiki) and doesn't cost a whole lot.  My site is only 49mb and will probably not get a lot of traffic.

I tried signing up with one of the recommended DokuWiki hosts, but they advertised a ridiculously cheap price of about $3.60 per month, but once I began the process the price magically increased to $10/month.  Hmmm.

Thanks!
This post was edited on 2019-11-26, 23:39 by craniac.
StarArmy #2
Member since Nov 2011 · 121 posts
I don't understand why anyone would use a third party software to install Dokuwiki when Dokuwiki is so simple to install. If you eliminated the requirement for Softaculous by installing the Dokuwiki software yourself (which takes just a couple minutes) you would have a lot more options to choose from.
craniac #3
Subject: Maybe I'm lazy
I used to enjoy obsessively troubleshooting annoying small problems.  Now I just want to push a button and have something work right the first time.  It's intoxicating, really, and frees up time for other pursuits.  Thanks for the advice, though, I will seriously consider it.  I've only got 3.5 mb of pages.
This post was edited on 2019-12-12, 00:33 by craniac.
StarArmy #4
If you want, I would happily install Dokuwiki on your server for you for free.
craniac #5
While we are chatting, can you recommend a decent cheap hosting provider that doesn't have Softaculous?
StarArmy #6
Sorry, all of my sites are on VPS servers (I'm currently using Dreamhost and have been happy with them) and you're probably looking for a regular shared hosting provider to save money so I'm not sure my experiences are relevant.
craniac #7
Thanks, I just signed up for a free AWS account so maybe I can get that working. 

https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/Bitnami-DokuWiki-Cer…
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2020-01-29, 20:09:47 (UTC +01:00)