Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration RSS
Multiple Independent Wikis with One Binary - SOLVED!!
kcrocker #1
Member for a week · 5 posts · Location: San Diego
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Multiple Independent Wikis with One Binary - SOLVED!!
I would like to maintain one binary copy of DokuWiki, but have multiple, independent instances of index.php, doku.php, feek.php, and ./data/ Has anyone tried this? Or, for anyone familiar with the code, is this something that is doable? Thanks in advance for your consideration and reply!!
This post was edited on 2019-12-04, 08:26 by kcrocker.
pop (Moderator) #2
Member since Nov 2016 · 211 posts · Location: near Basel. Switzerland
Group memberships: Global Moderators, Members
Have a look at the farmer plugin: https://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:farmer
kcrocker #3
Hi pop,
Thank you so much for answering my plea! When I read your reply I had very high hopes -- this is just what I need! After installing the farmer plugin and creating an animal, I find that I can't get any unique pages formed in the animal. All I see are pages in the farmer. I'm using the .htaccess method and pretty much accepting all the defaults. I would think that if I used the URL for the animal, I'd be greeted with a welcome page. Instead, I get the start page of the farmer. When I look at the animal directory, the files look as expected, at least to this novice. I have some experience with the farmer/animal paradigm because I extended PHPWiki to have this behavior. Do you have any idea what is going on?
pop (Moderator) #4
The plugin's documentation addresses that very topic under two headings:
Rewrite-Based vs (Sub-)-Domain-Based

As I don't know the first thing about htaccess or DNS, I chose fot both of my farms the rewrite based approach and let the plugin handle the necessary configuration setup.

I find in my .htaccess file (in the root folder where the dokuwiki farmer lives) the following lines:

# Options added for farm setup by farmer plugin:
RewriteEngine On
RewriteRule ^!([^/]+)/(.*)  $2?animal=$1 [QSA,DPI]
RewriteRule ^!([^/]+)$      ?animal=$1 [QSA,DPI]
Options +FollowSymLinks
# end of farm configuration

This is the URL for one of my animals:
http://192.168.1.69/dokuwiki/!things/
kcrocker #5
I have that exact rewrite rule in my .htaccess. I had assumed that Farmer would make necessary changes, and it appears it has. The wiki has no issue accepting the URL for an animal, in my case, https://www.<domain>.com/ssl2/wiki/!Customer/ . It is rewritten to "https://www.www.<domain>.com/ssl2/wiki/!Customer/doku.php", but opens up the start page of the farmer. The "update profile" and "Admin" buttons also point back to the farmer, so I don't know how to administrate the animal (eg. to add users). There really needs to be some diagnostic information output when the code can't fulfill a request. You have been so kind, but do you have any other suggestions?
pop (Moderator) #6
I don't really know what I'm doing, so I'm afraid I can't help you very much.

However, you didn't say how you created your animals. The farmer plugin adds a new panel to the admin page where you create and delete your animals. Did you use that panel? If so, the animal creation process ends with a page with a message which shows the URL of the new animal.
kcrocker #7
I created the animals via the farmer plugin. And, yes, there is a URL of the animals on the Admin:Farming:Info page. But if I click on one of the animals, I get the start page for the Farmer.

Did you get the Farmer plugin to work?
kcrocker #8
Hi pop,
I am making progress. I checked the bug list for the Farmer plugin and someone mentioned that the animals cannot contain capital letters. Le voila! When I deleted all my animals and created one with lower case only, it appears to work! So, for now, life is good. Thanks for hanging with me.
-Ken
This post was edited on 2019-12-04, 08:29 by kcrocker.
pop (Moderator) #9
Quote by kcrocker:
Hi pop,
I am making progress. I checked the bug list for the Farmer plugin and someone mentioned that the animals cannot contain capital letters. Le voila! When I deleted all my animals and created one with lower case only, it appears to work! So, for now, life is good. Thanks for for hanging with me.
-Ken

All's well that ends well. Thanks for posting the cause for the problem and please do mark your thread as "solved". TIA and enjoy your farming.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2019-12-06, 08:50:47 (UTC +01:00)