Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Server Setup RSS
Lock failed when creating new page
Avatar
tsom #1
Member since Nov 2012 · 53 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Lock failed when creating new page
I've encountered a weird error when I try to create a new page on my Dokuwiki. It doesn't seem to kick in when editing current posts. The error message is:

Writing /var/www/myserver.com/public_html/data/locks/e92f28f4603eb85db3c79a759f579432.lock failed

Does anybody know the issue?
Avatar
StarArmy #2
Member since Nov 2011 · 125 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Check the permissions for the directory /var/www/myserver.com/public_html/data/locks/ and make sure it's writable.
Avatar
tsom #3
Member since Nov 2012 · 53 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
It's weird. I just checked that directory and it lists:

drwxrwsr-x  2 www-data www-data  4096 Dec 12 13:55 locks

so I would have thought the permissions were fine?
Avatar
StarArmy #4
Member since Nov 2011 · 125 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Is there a chance that the server was really busy (lot of requests to Apache or something) when the error occurred? Does it happen every time or just occasionally?
Avatar
tsom #5
Member since Nov 2012 · 53 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Quote by StarArmy on 2019-12-20, 14:23:
Is there a chance that the server was really busy (lot of requests to Apache or something) when the error occurred? Does it happen every time or just occasionally?

It happens every time!

I know that I changed some issues with permissions on my server in recent weeks, and I'm sure it precipitated this error. But whatever the fact is, the bottom line is that the directory is owned and has www-data as user, and yet still this error occurs.
Avatar
tsom #6
Member since Nov 2012 · 53 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Weird. I seemed to have sorted this but I do not know how.

I basically logged into the server using the terminal, and got error messages about a full volume via tab completion. Apparently this might be related to space issues: https://unix.stackexchange.com/questions/277387/tab-comple…

I recently made a change where I added another user to my server. I don't know how this produced the error, but what I did was just reboot the server and it seemed to fix the mistake.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2020-04-02, 22:13:51 (UTC +02:00)