Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration RSS
Solved: DokuWiki restarts the installation routine after change Path of DokuWiki
MarkT #1
Member for 3 months · 51 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Solved: DokuWiki restarts the installation routine after change Path of DokuWiki
I want to change the location of the DokuWiki installed on Windows.

The example shows a working DokuWiki in:
C:\Users\Username\Desktop\001\DocuWiki\(run.cmd + Dikuwiki + server)

And is moved to:
C:\Users\Username\Desktop\002\DocuWiki\(run.cmd + Dikuwiki + server)

The wiki now located at ...\002\DokuWiki\, double-clicking on "run.cmd" now restarts the installation routine and not the previously working DokuWiki.

How can I change this manually ?
How can this be fixed permanently by setting a suitable system variable ?
This post was edited 2 times, last on 2020-01-31, 14:57 by MarkT.
MarkT #2
Member for 3 months · 51 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Issue resolved
My DokuWiki now works fine under Windows.

I can now:
  • start the DokuWiki with a click on the .cmd file
  • the "pagetitle.txt" files now end up as they should under "...\dokuwiki\data\pages\"
  • Now also my FF doesn't bring a "green frame" around the whole browser anymore when I open the DokuWiki via localhost:8800.
  • I can now rename the DokuWiki folder without losing the functionality of the wiki and move it around on different media

What was my problem before?
  • A Commodo virus scanner running on the affected Windows machine, unknowingly bended some files (which were created by scripts ?) into a hidden Commodo System Sandbox folder for me.
  • The "automatic sandboxing" could be deactivated in the Commodo virus scanner after some searching. The important thing is to find out what the problem is.

For similarly happy users who suffer from unsolicited Commodo happiness, for the search engines of this world the path where Commodo hides the user's data:
C:\VTRoot\HarddiskVolume3\Users\username\ Desktop\Dokuwiki\DokuWikiStick\dokuwiki\data\pages

Problem solved after a few days of searching.

Thanks for the tips and the calmness with my many questions.

Solved
This post was edited 2 times, last on 2020-01-31, 14:57 by MarkT.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2020-04-06, 05:16:38 (UTC +02:00)