Forum: General Help and Support Plugins RSS
Bytes added by user
Arjannn #1
Member for a month · 2 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Bytes added by user
Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if anyone knows if a plugin exists that shows the users that contributed most, based on more than just edits or pages but also taking in account bytes added. For example, WikiMedia has a plugin called Contribution Scores that does exactly that.

Thanks!
This post was edited on 2020-01-29, 09:34 by Arjannn.
LarsDW223 #2
Member since Sep 2014 · 462 posts · Location: Paderborn
Hi Arjann,

I have never used it myself but it seems like https://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:authorstats could be something for you.
Arjannn #3
Member for a month · 2 posts
Hi Lars,

Thanks for that. I did actually found that plugin, but it seems to only show pages created and edited per user and it doesn't take in account how much the user really contributed.
MartinR #4
Member since Jul 2015 · 177 posts · Location: UK
The format of the .changes files in meta is a tab separated list of changes to the file:
  1  Time (as an integer)
  2  IP address of source host
  3  Type of change: C=crested, D=deleted, E=edited, e=minor edit, R=old version restored.  There may be others.
  4  File/page name (without the .txt)
  5  User
  6  Section (for a section edit) and edit summary (may be a null string)
  7  Bytes added or subtracted.
Note that types C and D do not have the final field.  Type R uses field 7 for the timestamp of the restored version and adds a field 8 which is the bytes changed.

For a quick solution you could run a grep(1) for E and e over the whole tree and use cut(1) to strip out the username and bytes changed, then it's a simple formatting job (AWK? PERL?).  Probably better to code it properly, depends on the time available!

HTH
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2020-02-17, 07:13:59 (UTC +01:00)