Forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration RSS
[solved] Upgrade from Frusterick Manners to Greebo break the Wiki
boospy #1
Member for a month · 9 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: [solved] Upgrade from Frusterick Manners to Greebo break the Wiki
Hello all,

i running my wiki https://deepdoc.at on "Frusterick Manners". So i installed the Upgrade over the automatic updater. This breaks some sites completly in form that on some site a new version was saved with an blank page. And if i would like to edit a page i geht an 500 Error. Also i got the message that an newer version of the site exits, but this is not so.

At the next try i installed the upgrade manually with the tar.gz. Much more better. Sites are note broken. But after i would like to edit a page i geht an 500 Error. At an second try i can save. Also i got the message that an newer version of the site exits, but this is not so.

So what information you are needed that you can help to upgrade and fix some security issues.

Thanks a log and best Regards
boospy
This post was edited on 2020-03-06, 00:53 by boospy.
cziehr #2
Member since Jan 2011 · 685 posts · Location: 10119 Berlin
What is your PHP-version? It has to be at least PHP 5.6.

Maybe you have outdatet plugins. Check the server logs; if a plugin causes an error, it should be listed there.
boospy #3
Hello,

and very thanks. Yes you are right, a plugin is the problem
https://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:discussion
https://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:publish

[Tue Mar 03 23:36:05.425426 2020] [proxy_fcgi:error] [pid 1234] [client 46.229.168.133:10838] AH01071: Got error 'PHP message: PHP Warning:  Illegal string offset 'date' in /home/deepdoc/public_html/dokuwiki/lib/plugins/publish/action/revisions.php on line 29\nPHP message: PHP Warning:  Illegal string offset 'modified' in /home/deepdoc/public_html/dokuwiki/lib/plugins/publish/action/revisions.php on line 42\n'

Got error 'PHP message: PHP Warning:  count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable in /home/deepdoc/public_html/dokuwiki/lib/plugins/discussion/action.php on line 425

this is that line:
$cnt = count($data['comments']);

The Discussionplugin can be deleted, but the Publishingplugin... very dangerous without. What I just noticed: Many pages, status in progress, ... PHP 7.2.24-0ubuntu0.18.04.3
cziehr #4
Both plugins should work with PHP 7.2 in their recent version.
Have you upgraded the plugins before upgrading the wiki?

If you don‘t have access to your wiki anymore because of 500 errors, you could delete the plugin folders /home/deepdoc/public_html/dokuwiki/lib/plugins/publish and /home/deepdoc/public_html/dokuwiki/lib/plugins/discussion in the file system and install the recent version of the plugins via the plugin manager - the data and also the configuration of the plugins should stay.

But it is always a good idea to create a backup before larger changes ;-)
boospy #5
Yes have Backups, over 30days back :)

I haven'd upgraded the plugins before upgrade the Dokuwiki. But there wasn't Updates for the Plugins. Access is ok. I have disabled both plugins. Not it works.

Can it be that updates of plugins are not displayed?
cziehr #6
Quote by boospy on 2020-03-03, 23:16:
Can it be that updates of plugins are not displayed?

This could be if your wiki doesn‘t have an internet connection, or if your webserver doesn‘t support SSL for outgoing connections. In this case, you will receive an error message when accessing the plugin page.
boospy #7
Solved. I've removed the bad plugins.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2020-04-02, 21:41:27 (UTC +02:00)