Forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration RSS
updated timezone = images all gone
folkworl_ #1
Member for a month · 2 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: updated timezone = images all gone
Hello!

Today I updated my wiki's timezone using these instructions: https://www.dokuwiki.org/tips:timezone
So I added the short snippet to local.protected.php to update my timezone to the correct one.

That worked great! I'm now on the correct timezone.

The uh... downside has been that it seems to have broken the media manager. Some file types are fine (ie PDFs), but all images are showing as greyed-out in the media manager, and as wireframes on the wiki.

I can see all of the image files sitting perfectly on the server in file manager. It's obviously something about the timezone change that is affecting how the wiki is pulling those images from their location.

Any hot tips or tricks? Thanks!
schplurtz (Moderator) #2
Member since Nov 2009 · 517 posts · Location: France, Finistère
Group memberships: Global Moderators, Members
Good evening (in my timezone)

It's obviously something about the timezone change that is affecting how the wiki is pulling those images from their location.
Maybe not.
You manually edited a PHP file, local.protected.php. Make sure the file has no BOM, make sure the very first bytes of the file are "<?php".
See my answer and turnermm's answer and links in https://forum.dokuwiki.org/post/65023 and following post.
folkworl_ #3
Member for a month · 2 posts
Group memberships: Members
Omg Shplurtz you genius, solved!

For some reason Sublime text added those 4 spaces to the start of the document, so yes it screwed the PHP.

All I did was open in Text Edit, remove the dumb spaces, and uploaded the new file to the server. Suddenly, magically, all solved.

Thanks so very much :D :D
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2020-04-02, 21:07:54 (UTC +02:00)