Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration RSS
Login throws a blank bage - how do I get to plugins page to uninstall?
After plugin install, login now goes nowhere, need to uninstall a plugin
lizat #1
Member for a month · 25 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Login throws a blank bage - how do I get to plugins page to uninstall?
Hello, I am new to Dokuwiki so please be patient!!

I have installed successfully. I made the mistake of installing some pluguns including the DirectoryList plugin - silly I installed several without testiing each separately, trying to move too fast! This had thrown various warnings so I want to uninstall. However when i log in I just get a blank page: https://www.screencast.com/t/6lLTXRl705rZ

How do I know if I am logged in? And how can I get to the plugins page to uninstall?

Thank you
This post was edited 2 times, last on 2020-03-24, 15:11 by lizat.
lizat #2
UPDATE: having read up about plugin installation - although nthing specific about uninstalling - I understood that in most cases it it simply a folder in the plugin folder. So I have removed the Directory List folder. This has revealed other problems which I will log as a new thread.

What i haven't established is how to know if I have logged in successfully - given that I get a blank page.
lizat #3
having got no answers I bit the bullet and deleted the dokuwiki folder and reinstalled. All seems fine now
cziehr #4
Member since Jan 2011 · 685 posts · Location: 10119 Berlin
In reply to post #2
Quote by lizat on 2020-03-24, 15:12:
I understood that in most cases it it simply a folder in the plugin folder. So I have removed the Directory List folder.

A plugin is always a subfolder called like the plugin name in the plugin folder. So if you get a blank page as you had, this is the easiest way to get the wiki back working.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2020-04-02, 22:12:43 (UTC +02:00)