Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality RSS
Recommendations about the Media Folder
lizat #1
Member for a month · 25 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Recommendations about the Media Folder
I generally like to organise my images to avoid huge lists of hard to identify images. Can I introduce sub folders and sort my images in the image folder?

Is there an image manager that would allow me to manipulate the image files easily - something like an image explorer allowing, move, rename, copy etc?

Thank you,
This post was edited on 2020-03-27, 17:35 by lizat.
cziehr #2
Member since Jan 2011 · 685 posts · Location: 10119 Berlin
You can not only use namespaces to organize your wiki pages, you can also organize your media files in namespaces. You can use the same namespace for your media files which you use for your wiki pages (which I would recommend), but you can also create own namespaces for your media files.

Moving and renaming could be done by the move plugin, as I described in your other thread: https://forum.dokuwiki.org/thread/17604

If you open your wiki directory on your hard disk and go to the data/media subfolder, you will see that namespaces are folders on the hard disk. You could rename, move or organize your media files also here. But be aware not to use uppercase characters, and also no whitespaces, german umlauts or other special chars when you rename files, otherwise your wiki won't recognize the files.
lizat #3
Member for a month · 25 posts
Thank You!
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2020-04-02, 20:56:01 (UTC +02:00)