Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Features and Functionality RSS
How to set a "featured image".
nirtak #1
Member since Jul 2009 · 24 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: How to set a "featured image".
Is there a way to specify a particular image to be used when sharing a dokuwiki page on another site (like Facebook)?
I'm looking for a plugin or code I can embed in the text. Perhaps something that uses the 1st image in the .txt page?

Normally, the first image on the html page is used, which is often the logo, and that's not great for catching attention.
This post was edited on 2020-03-27, 00:18 by nirtak.
molefunk #2
User title: molefunk
Member since Jul 2010 · 59 posts · Location: Mayapur, India
This one works with opengraph: https://www.dokuwiki.org/plugin:htmlmetatags

Otherwise I think social sites understand if your image is a small logo or a bigger image from the page, and add the correct one. I don't have a logo, but an image in the sidebar, which becomes the default sharing image UNLESS I have an image on my page.
nirtak #3
Member since Jul 2009 · 24 posts
Nope. FaceBook doesn't seem to care. I tried making my logo small - it still uses it as the featured image.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2020-04-02, 22:19:38 (UTC +02:00)