Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration RSS
removing access levels for a certain namespace
skywalker #1
Member since Jun 2006 · 7 posts · Location: München
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: removing access levels for a certain namespace
I have the main group 'A' where all users inside this group have full access to the wiki (namespace *). Now I have one user (group) that should have the same rights as users from group 'A' but without access to a certrain namespace that is below namespace *.
In the wiki it is easy to make new groups or new rules for certain namespaces to allow the users of this group to access this namespace or a single site. I could make one new group and add each new toplevel namespace but the one I don't want to give access to but there should be some better way to do this.
What I need is that a user or group has the same rights like group 'A' but with changed access rights to a underlying namespace without touching the definition of group 'A'.

Every hint is appreciated

Andreas
koko #2
Member since May 2006 · 161 posts · Location: Zonhoven Belgium
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Hi,

The only way I can think of to get this done is to give the group 'B' seperate acces to all the namespaces. Only for the certain namespace which have to be secured, you don't give them access. In this wiki I think you can't say 'give them access to all pages but one'.

For detailed info, check: http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:acl
Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2020-02-26, 15:33:40 (UTC +01:00)