Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: Offtopic Forum Help RSS
Ugh -_-
MrZexion #1
Member since May 2008 · 20 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: Ugh -_-
This forum is FILLED with bugs and glitches.....it freezes my SUPER fast processor more than myspace! And rarely does a site do that. The entire forum freezes when I try to type, its extremely annoying.
chi #2
Member since Jun 2006 · 1851 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Members, Super Mods, Wiki Managers
Strange, that NEVER occured to me, not even with the SUPER slow processor of my moms computer - ok capslock fun aside - which browser are you using? If it's Firefox, how many extensions have you installed? Does it only happen on this particular computer or on all computers you visit the forum with? Which bugs/glitches are you talking about, examples please.
Please add [SOLVED] to the initial thread subject if you feel your question has been answered.
If my answer doesn't make sense maybe your question didn't either - just visit http://facepalm.org.
This post was edited on 2008-05-14, 10:50 by chi.
MrZexion #3
Like the most annoying glitch is it freezing when I try to type - Second, some pages don't load and sometimes a part of a page takes FOREVER to load or doesn't load. And I'm using IE7
chi #4
Member since Jun 2006 · 1851 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Members, Super Mods, Wiki Managers
Could you please try another computer in another network (with the same browser, and another one)? I'll try IE7 tomorrow when I am at work.
Please add [SOLVED] to the initial thread subject if you feel your question has been answered.
If my answer doesn't make sense maybe your question didn't either - just visit http://facepalm.org.
ach (Administrator) #5
Member since May 2006 · 1334 posts · Location: London, UK
Group memberships: Administrators, Members, Super Mods, Wiki Managers
In reply to post #3
Quote by MrZexion:
Like the most annoying glitch is it freezing when I try to type - Second, some pages don't load and sometimes a part of a page takes FOREVER to load or doesn't load. And I'm using IE7

I can confirm the freezing when typing on IE7. I cannot confirm that pages load slowly or not at all, though.

[10 minutes of researching later]

This should be directly related to this: http://newsboard.unclassified.de/forum/thread/1276
MrZexion #6
Oh, thank god its happening to someone else, I'm not crazy. :P (And yes, I have used two computers each with IE7, both seem to encounter this problem)

Edit: Also another main problem is EVERY time you post a new reply or thread it takes FOREVER to load. (Sorry, I use caps lock alot for emphasis, heh heh)
This post was edited on 2008-05-14, 21:33 by MrZexion.
andi (Administrator) #7
Member since May 2006 · 2446 posts · Location: Berlin Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
In reply to post #5
Quote by ach:
This should be directly related to this: http://newsboard.unclassified.de/forum/thread/1276

I set the recommended $_ie7 = false setting. Dunno if that makes a difference. I recommend to get a real browser.
Read this if you don't get any useful answers.
Lies dies wenn du keine hilfreichen Antworten bekommst.
ach (Administrator) #8
Member since May 2006 · 1334 posts · Location: London, UK
Group memberships: Administrators, Members, Super Mods, Wiki Managers
Quote by andi:
I set the recommended $_ie7 = false setting. Dunno if that makes a difference.

Yes, it does (after a hard reload). :-)
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20120620-dev, © 2003-2011 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2014-04-19, 01:15:55 (UTC +02:00)