http://nicedit.com/index.php

Can you help me?
chi #2
Member since Jun 2006 · 1851 posts · Location: Munich Germany
Group memberships: Members, Super Mods, Wiki Managers
Show profile · Link to this post
Quote by pouark:
Can you help me?

Well, this question is a little bit vague ... what about the FCKEditor [1]. Also, what kind of help are you seeking?

[1] http://wiki.splitbrain.org/plugin:dokuwikifck
Please add [SOLVED] to the initial thread subject if you feel your question has been answered.
If my answer doesn't make sense maybe your question didn't either - just visit http://facepalm.org.
pouark #3
Member since Mar 2007 · 15 posts
Group memberships: Members
fckeditor is very ugly, furthermore, don't work for me cause i havent perl, and i've a token security error !
I prefer TinyMCE but no plugin are available...

Nicedit, seems to be simple to integrate to any Blog, so i've believe it's the same thing with Dokuwiki.
I've tried to insert javascript code, but i haven't found the right place to insert....

So i need help.

Thx in advance
chi #4
Quote by pouark:
Nicedit, seems to be simple to integrate to any Blog, so i've believe it's the same thing with Dokuwiki. I've tried to insert javascript code, but i haven't found the right place to insert....

So i need help.

The main problem with that is that simply inserting some javascript isn't enough here. You'd have to hack the editor as well to make it save the text as wiki markup (hence the perl dependency of the FCKEditor) and play nicely with DokuWikis javascript libraries. I repeat, this is not simple and requires time and most important knowledge in programming. If you need a WYSIWYG editor I suggest to use the FCKEditor. If you need NiceEdit feel free to start integrating it ;-).
Please add [SOLVED] to the initial thread subject if you feel your question has been answered.
If my answer doesn't make sense maybe your question didn't either - just visit http://facepalm.org.
pouark #5
Ok understood!
So how to install plugin Fckeditor, i've no dedicated server, and i don't understand Perl langage...
https://fosswiki.liip.ch/display/FCKW/Installation

When i just unzip this plugin, it's just not working...
Paul #6
Member since Jun 2008 · 13 posts
After reading OP, I became interested in the NicEdit.
It is really a little nice program, although not accustomed to be used with DokuWiki
from the start, and needs some polishing.
Its biggest benefits are that it doesn't require any Perl and its very small.

I've managed to integrate it in DokuWiki, although some features are still missing.
It will take a couple of days to implement them.
Now I've got working:
  bold
  italic
  underline
  monospaced (although no button assigned at the moment)
  strike-through
  subscript
  superscript
  headings
  two-column tables (my own undocumented plugin).

I already know how to implement ordered and unordered lists as well as links.
Also it is possible to make highlighting for footnotes. Quoting can be implemented via indent.
So, basically most features will be working.

If there is enough interest in such thing, let me know, I may share results as soon as I finish its customization.
This post was edited on 2008-06-23, 02:56 by Paul.
chi #7
Quote by Paul:
Its biggest benefits are that it doesn't require any Perl and its very small.

FCKW doesn't require Perl as well. The Perl dependency for the DokuWikiFCK editors is due to the fact that you have to convert the HTML the editor produces to wiki format before it's saved and when it's read. And there's already a nice Perl lib which does exactly that.

Quote by Paul:
I've managed to integrate it in DokuWiki, although some features are still missing.
It will take a couple of days to implement them.
Now I've got working:
  bold
  italic
  underline
  monospaced (although no button assigned at the moment)
  strike-through
  subscript
  superscript
  headings
  two-column tables (my own undocumented plugin).

I already know how to implement ordered and unordered lists as well as links.
Also it is possible to make highlighting for footnotes. Quoting can be implemented via indent.
So, basically most features will be working.

If there is enough interest in such thing, let me know, I may share results as soon as I finish its customization.

That sounds nice! how do you convert back/forth from wiki format to HTML? Or do you let it write wiki markup from the start?
pouark #8
In reply to post #6
Hi Paul,
Thx you for your response
I'm very interested by NicEdit integration in Dokuwiki, let me know if you've finished his integration... if you need some help... and if you want beta tester!

Thx in advance
Paul #9
In reply to post #7
Quote by chi:
FCKW doesn't require Perl as well. The Perl dependency for the DokuWikiFCK editors is due to the fact that you have to convert the HTML the editor produces to wiki format before it's saved and when it's read. And there's already a nice Perl lib which does exactly that.
Hi chi,

I know, I did install it and tried it. FCKW is nice and working but I needed something smaller and easier for customization.
Also, most of its features are not needed for the DokuWiki.

Quote by chi:
That sounds nice! how do you convert back/forth from wiki format to HTML? Or do you let it write wiki markup from the start?
The scheme is the following:
On loading editing page in Dokuwiki is started NicEdit, which is written in javascript. It overlays the editing window (textarea), and takes hold on the text which was passed from Dokuwiki. Inside NicEdit is fired an event to convert text (which is in Doluwiki markup) into html. This is where conversion from Dokuwiki to html takes place. After conversion, user can edit the page. After pressing the preview or save button is fired event to convert from html to Dokuwiki markup, and the proper routine inside NicEdit is executed which writes back the converted text into textarea of the editing page. This text is passed back to the DokuWiki's server-side php script etc.

There is a button in NicEdit, which allows user to edit the page in the original Dokuwiki markup, that is, source editing.
It allows to correct any issues one may have with improper styles and markup when editing in the wysiwyg mode.

My mods for integration require some code modification in the form.php and html.php in Dokuwiki files, which add NicEdit javascript on the editing page. Also, I rewrote some parts of NicEdit's code to better integrate it with Opera, FF and IE (Safari is untested yet, although it should be working fine).
Paul #10
In reply to post #8
Quote by pouark:
Hi Paul,
Thx you for your response
I'm very interested by NicEdit integration in Dokuwiki, let me know if you've finished his integration... if you need some help... and if you want beta tester!

Thx in advance
Hi pouark,

thanks for the response.
I intend to produce a beta version in a couple of days, and after that will create the plugin page where will be put detailed instructions for the integration. Then we may discuss the issues.
chi #11
In reply to post #9
Quote by Paul:
Quote by chi:
The scheme is the following:
On loading editing page in Dokuwiki is started NicEdit, which is written in javascript. It overlays the editing window (textarea), and takes hold on the text which was passed from Dokuwiki. Inside NicEdit is fired an event to convert text (which is in Doluwiki markup) into html. This is where conversion from Dokuwiki to html takes place. After conversion, user can edit the page. After pressing the preview or save button is fired event to convert from html to Dokuwiki markup, and the proper routine inside NicEdit is executed which writes back the converted text into textarea of the editing page. This text is passed back to the DokuWiki's server-side php script etc.

There is a button in NicEdit, which allows user to edit the page in the original Dokuwiki markup, that is, source editing.
It allows to correct any issues one may have with improper styles and markup when editing in the wysiwyg mode.

My mods for integration require some code modification in the form.php and html.php in Dokuwiki files, which add NicEdit javascript on the editing page. Also, I rewrote some parts of NicEdit's code to better integrate it with Opera, FF and IE (Safari is untested yet, although it should be working fine).

Ok, impressive! I am looking forward to the first version to test :-).

One thing, you maybe don't need to make modifications in form.php and html.php. DokuWiki allows you to modify the HTML output of all forms via custom action plugin event hooks [1]. Those hooks give you a form object which you can easily modify or add new stuff to. But then, I don't know exactly what you need to change so this might be not enough. Take it as a hint if you haven't discovered that yet ;-).

[1] http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:events_list
[2] http://wiki.splitbrain.org/wiki:events
Paul #12
Thank you, chi.

Indeed, I'm familiar with the events system in Dokuwiki, and probably these modifications may be done via events.
It was just easier for me to introduce the mods in the source itself.
pouark #13
Hi paul
What is the state of developpement today?
I'm ready for Beta Testing ;)
Paul #14
I've been pretty busy last days, and will be busy for some time more. Nevertheless, I'll publish today, what I managed to accomplish thus far. Stay tuned!
Paul #15
http://wiki.splitbrain.org/plugin:wysiwyg_nicedit
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Page:  1  2  3  next 
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2017-04-24, 17:03:48 (UTC +02:00)