Not logged in. · Lost password · Register
Forum: General Help and Support Installation and Configuration RSS
@DIFF@
jmgue #1
Member since Sep 2006 · 5 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: @DIFF@
I think I have a problem with @DIFF@ in my mailtext.txt folder.  For some reason it is telling the system to email me the changes but it cuts out 3 lines of the current edit section and includes 3 lines of the last edit section.  anyone know why it is doing this? i was told it isnt a bug and nobody seems to know why it is doing this.  HELP!!!
andi (Administrator) #2
User title: splitbrain
Member since May 2006 · 3522 posts · Location: Berlin Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
1. do you understand that you get diffs in the mail?

2. Are you trying to tell us the diffs are wrong (if yes, I haven't understood this from your previous posts and bugreports).

3. If 1 and 2 are true, please attach a full mail which you consider broken as .txt attachment to your reply here and tell us exactly what is wrong about it.

Andi
Read this if you don't get any useful answers.
Lies dies wenn du keine hilfreichen Antworten bekommst.
This post was edited on 2006-09-29, 19:35 by andi.
jmgue #3
This is the email I get:

Subject: [DokuWiki] page changed: rugbyandtennis:2006_2007_schedule

Hello!

The page rugbyandtennis:2006_2007_schedule in the DokuWiki wiki changed.
Here are the changes:

@@ -43,8 +43,9 @@
  \\ Booze:  Wall
  \\ Booze:  Delaney
  \\ //Click on Edit to the right to show "NEED A SUB" or to show "JONES PLAYING 4 SMITH". Click Save to Update and E mail to all players subscribed to the Schedule.//
  \\
+

@@ -58,9 +59,9 @@

====== 22 September ======
- \\ Balls/Roll Call:  Ferrer 4 Santucci, Jenn Gale 6
+ \\ Balls/Roll Call:  Ferrer 4 Santucci, Jenn Gale 7
  \\ Water:  LEES SUB 4 Gebolys ---
//[[mjg.test@gmail.com|Mark]] 09/13/2006 10:56//
  \\ Snack:  Fosburgh
  \\ Snack:  Reid
  \\ Snack:  Dietel

It is cutting off 3 lines of the September 22 section and i dont know why it is adding the previous section.
andi (Administrator) #4
User title: splitbrain
Member since May 2006 · 3522 posts · Location: Berlin Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
You are repeating your self without adding any info. Beacuse you answering to point 3 I assume you are clearly aware of the diff format.

So from the diff you posted I would say there was a blank line added in the section before the 22 September section (this can be happen through DokuWiki's section editing). And in the 22 September section the first line was changed. Whithout telling us which lines are missing where, there seems to be nothing wrong.
Read this if you don't get any useful answers.
Lies dies wenn du keine hilfreichen Antworten bekommst.
jmgue #5
The only thing i changed was the line that says "Balls/Roll Call:  Ferrer 4 Santucci, Jenn Gale 7" under Sept 22.  For some reason the program is adding a whole line after  "all players subscribed to the Schedule.//"  Also after the last line of the email there should be 3 more lines that were part of September 22 that wont show up. I dont know how to fix this.  I hope I clarified myself a little better.  Sorry about that.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2020-02-17, 22:38:51 (UTC +01:00)