Forum: General Help and Support Server Setup RSS
installation on different ports
bez #1
Member since Oct 2008 · 2 posts
Group memberships: Members
Show profile · Link to this post
Subject: installation on different ports
Hi everybody!

I wonder if anybody har tried to install different  dokuwikies on the same webserver on different ports? I have allredey installed one  on port 81 and I plan to install another one on port 82, is it possible? any  security/conflict risk?

Have a nice day:)
andi (Administrator) #2
User title: splitbrain
Member since May 2006 · 3509 posts · Location: Berlin Germany
Group memberships: Administrators, Members
Quote by bez:
I wonder if anybody har tried to install different  dokuwikies on the same webserver on different ports? I have allredey installed one  on port 81 and I plan to install another one on port 82, is it possible? any  security/conflict risk?

Should work without problems.

PS: please don't crosspost in multiple subforums.
Read this if you don't get any useful answers.
Lies dies wenn du keine hilfreichen Antworten bekommst.
bez #3
Member since Oct 2008 · 2 posts
Thanks for the reply!

What is the best practice when it comes to install differnet  dokuwikies on the same webserver?(and on different ports)
I have read about Wiki farm but it doesn't seem to be esier either, do you have any suggestion on how I can best have different dokuwikies on the same webserver?
bci #4
Member since Nov 2008 · 5 posts
Subject: assuming you run an Apache webserver
Hi bez

Assuming you run an Apache 2 webserver I would suggest you set up two <VirtualHost> directives:
<VirtualHost *:81>
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost *:82>
</VirtualHost>

We would do it that way.
What we've actually been doing for quite some time is running several Dokuwikis on port 80 (HTTP) AND port 443 (HTTPS) with some redirection 80 >> 443 active.
Close Smaller – Larger + Reply to this post:
Verification code: VeriCode Please enter the word from the image into the text field below. (Type the letters only, lower case is okay.)
Smileys: :-) ;-) :-D :-p :blush: :cool: :rolleyes: :huh: :-/ <_< :-( :'( :#: :scared: 8-( :nuts: :-O
Special characters:
Go to forum
Imprint
This board is powered by the Unclassified NewsBoard software, 20150713-dev, © 2003-2015 by Yves Goergen
Current time: 2020-01-18, 12:12:59 (UTC +01:00)